Borderlands Psycho Bandit Buzzaxe and Mask SKS Props

Re: Borderlands Psycho Bandit Buzzaxe Update

This looks awesome! It would scare anyone ****less if you came running with the mask and the finished buzzaxe, would not matter if they where a Borderlands fan or not. :p

Here is my first cast from the molds came out pretty good i don't see a ton of clean up

IMG_0719_zps9cedb123.jpg

it's hard to see the ammount of weathered metal detail I sculpted in the crappy phone pics. here are a couple of close ups can't wait to see how these pop when drybrushed and weathered.

IMG_0742_zpsa445908f.jpg

IMG_0745_zpsb8a3cef4.jpg

Hey Captain, you're work is great! It's coming up and looks like the real deal.
If one (me) wants to work with wood (most common is MDF as far as I've seen) what kind of skills do I need to acquire? Go and learn carpentry? I'm very interested in getting into model making.. I've done a few pepakura ones but having all these tiny tabs drove me nuts so I moved to foam which is nice and still working on it but mostly my passion is weapons and from what I understood foam isn't ideal while MDF is..

Hey Captain, you're work is great! It's coming up and looks like the real deal.
If one (me) wants to work with wood (most common is MDF as far as I've seen) what kind of skills do I need to acquire? Go and learn carpentry? I'm very interested in getting into model making.. I've done a few pepakura ones but having all these tiny tabs drove me nuts so I moved to foam which is nice and still working on it but mostly my passion is weapons and from what I understood foam isn't ideal while MDF is..

believe it or not this is my first attempt at making and casting a weapon out of mdf. I watched a ton of videos on youtube and here. The main part was when i started picking up various tools i would cut up and use scrap pieces to see how it would react to sanders and saws. For me it was just a trial and error and I learned a ton next build will go smoother and so on. I will also say that apoxie sculpt did wonders in the detail catagory.

thanks

Last edited:

Can't believe it's your first experience at this, very well done!
Is there any YouTube channels you'd recommend? My passion is Borderlands weapon and I'm gonna download a saved file of a lot of guns to see which ones (probably way too many) I want to do.. Hmm, what kind of tools do you use? Just those chisels? Thanks a lot

Can't believe it's your first experience at this, very well done!
Is there any YouTube channels you'd recommend? My passion is Borderlands weapon and I'm gonna download a saved file of a lot of guns to see which ones (probably way too many) I want to do.. Hmm, what kind of tools do you use? Just those chisels? Thanks a lot

check out

www.volpinprops.blogspot.com

and

[www.blindsquirrelprops.com

both have awesome step by step guides and are far better than me

as for tools I use scroll saw, table router, belt sander various files and a dremel. the dremel being the key tool a ton you can do with one of those. One last thing do not go cheap and get a dust mask spend the money and get a good resperator lots of bad things being put into the air when you are sanding and mixing chemicals.

Last edited:

as for borderlands guns it's a small build but I am in the process of modding a nerf gun into a bandit pistol. By adding bits of styrene and various parts I changed the face of the gun and with a little more paint it should look pretty good

banditgun_zps5652fb43.jpg

Hey Captain, thanks for the tips!
It's coming out great, really looks superb in my opinion.

Well I started looking up the machines you've mentioned. I think I can get my hands on a Scroll Saw for a cheap price (used but I don't mind).. I'll also go and buy different size dremels but I think that's it for now, need to save some money before spending more and more ;) Those 2 (scroll saw, different size dremels) should be enough for the start shouldn't it?
Also saw (haven't seen it yet, just saw it exists) there's a YouTube move on how to make your own (cheap) Table Router..

Thanks again for any tips, keep up the amazing work.. Cant wait to make some Borderlands stuff

Edit; As much as they turn out great eventually, Nerf weapons arent my thing at the moment. I might change my mind but I want to make it all (myself) from the same materials in a way

are you going to weather the blade more?

Oh yes my friend this is only the primer base coat. There is still a ton of work to do on weathering the buzz axe and blade.

I molded the brake handel today and got some wire for the "fuel line" This thing should be completed in a couple of days.

keep checking back!!!

Oh yes my friend this is only the primer base coat. There is still a ton of work to do on weathering the buzz axe and blade.

I molded the brake handel today and got some wire for the "fuel line" This thing should be completed in a couple of days.

keep checking back!!!

Great to hear cant wait to see it finished

I love this. Fantastic work, man. It's amazing what you can do with a little bit of paint and some plastic!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back