Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

The "new" Falcon has been built, I imagine, to be shot externally ,so it is easier to assemble and disassemble the "skin" on a scaffold frame. When they are finished with EPVII, it, along with the X wings and all the rest of the props will probably be put into storage for the next. The last ESB Falcon was built to moved around on soundstages and they could do that because of the level flooring,once it was assembled. It was a costly prop to build and time consuming to do , even though it looked great.This one was far cheaper to build and can be moved between internal and external sets.
And because there are several films planned in the series, alot of stuff ,like Harry Potter films, is being held over and the props catalogue is going to be a substantial thing. And as alot of the series is being shot continiously in the UK its far cheaper to keep the stuff than to keep recreating it. I won't be suprised if many of them are used in a specific "Star Wars Studio Tour " in the end ,given how successfull the HP one has been.

Last edited:

LOL! Well there are 5 pendants on the wing marking, so it looks like his cal sign would be 5 like Luke, but two are grey and three are orange...hmmmm.

interesting! maybe two weren't confirmed so they are "grey area" claims... LOL! man, I was just thinking earlier how cool it is to see the falcon and such but I still get tingles knowing we will see LUKE SKYWALKER on the big screen again! I mean, forget everyone else... its LUKE Friggin Skywalker! I'm jonesin' over that whole idea!!!! :D

It's funny, but by time Jedi came around and Luke was a Jedi, he didn't seem like much of a pilot. Flying a fighter would be like slumming it. He needs to be commanding from the front lines with a lightsabre

Regarding the x wing., I like the look. But those engines don't look like they separate. It looks like the wings rotate on the engines. Opened, it would look kind of weird to me, but would have the same proportions as the arc starfighters from rots

It looks like the wings are hinged on the air intake/exhaust engine areas. It would still do the X, but just different from the original version.

It looks like the wings are hinged on the air intake/exhaust engine areas. It would still do the X, but just different from the original version.
I wonder if they rotate around the engines, giving them the same axis point as before. The reason I ask this is on the pic where we see the top of the wing, you can still see how the wing gets thicker as it gets to the engine. Like a wedge.

I'd the axis point was at the side of the engine, that wedge would complicate things

I always wondered if the Falcon would have its traditional dish or something different. I'm kinda glad they went with something different!

Notice the roots running down the sides of the hangar embankment. Makes me wonder if a forest or jungle will be added in post production!

Yeah, I suspect it could be Yavin IV

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That would be interesting. The Greenham Common missile shelters certainly have a similar Massassi Temple feel about them. I wonder if the footage shot at Puzzlewood will be used as part of this same location? Even if it's not Yavin IV, it might emulate the general feel of it, which would be great.

Why would they go back there when the Empire knows where it is?

... well then the perfect base! It's the last place the Empire would think of looking! :D

No you're right, it probably isn't Yavin for the reason you mention, but then again it could be interesting to see other parts of the place if there's a legitimate story reason for it.

If it's another jungle moon/planet I hope it'll subliminally capture a familiar Star Warsy feel to it without copying too closely what we've already seen.

Why would they go back there when the Empire knows where it is?

It's possible that the rebels now control enough space in the galaxy that a known military base isn't unfeasible any longer. Maybe Yavin is deep inside rebel territory? I dunno. Just an idea.

still on the fence with this new dish. but maybe it's starting to grow on me a little

falcon%u00252B2.jpg

more over here
what-did-you-do-to-my-ship

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back