Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Just noticed that one of the XWings looks a bit 2D:

Long distance forced perspective shot similar to this. One full scale set piece, three plywood silhouettes.

tumblr_lk6z5y2x9T1qc823io1_1280.jpg

Just realized the ANH cardboard backdrop X-Wing matches the Fine Mold X-Wing weird canopy shape.

Regarding the x wing., I like the look. But those engines don't look like they separate. It looks like the wings rotate on the engines. Opened, it would look kind of weird to me, but would have the same proportions as the arc starfighters from rots

I agree these full scale set pieces look that way but I think it's just a function of a small detail item they just didn't include in the manufacturing. I think the wings will X in the traditional manner, it's so derivative of the McQuarrie design which has the exact same engines.

still on the fence with this new dish. but maybe it's starting to grow on me a little

View attachment 379631

more over here
what-did-you-do-to-my-ship

This is another of those "it's been thirty years; some things have inevitably changed" scenarios... We can be happy that 99% of the Falcon is there! :) I honestly don't think it's bad at all; just something else Han has added to his list of modifications. :)

I think I'm with you there. I've been over the moon looking at these new images, and this new set piece. If my only gripe is that I'm "not so sure" about the dish (especially considering what happened to the enterprise...) then that's cause to celebrate.

I think I'm with you there. I've been over the moon looking at these new images, and this new set piece. If my only gripe is that I'm "not so sure" about the dish (especially considering what happened to the enterprise...) then that's cause to celebrate.

Yeah, it could be far worse; like no Episode VII at all! I'll gladly take the rectangular dish! :D

The Square dish bothered me at first, but it's definitely growing on me. I just hope they don't actually verbally acknowledge it ... that would be just too cheesy and an insult to all us obsessive, detail-oriented SW Fans!!

If a MF dish is all we're griping about right now I'd say we're in good shape overall ;)

Loving everything i'm seeing so far and completely agree that some things will have inevitably changed. Technologies change rapidly! Good thing Han Solo didn't have an iPhone in Episode VI. People would be P.O.ed that he would now have the updated iPhone 30.

I actually wish he would more to the falcon. I think it's reasonable to assume that after Jedi, Han's status improved. He was a general. He would probably have the opportunity to do more than simply slap a used aftermarket radar dish on top.

Fix the hull. Get it cleaned. Eliminate the need for a radar dish. This thing is a museum piece now

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back