Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Agreed. Would look better with nothing.

I would accept it having the round one again.. But the square looks odd...

That looks so bad.....one would think he would upgrade. Remember cell phones with antennas?

They don't have them anymore. They're internal

Well it did break off in ROTJ.

that photo isn'tt enough confirmation to me that that is what it is but this would be a great nod to original trilogy fans as any real fan would "get it" if its a different shape... If it looked like the original many might be a bit confused and say "but didn't that dish get shorn off in return of the jedi?" and think it was a detail sadly overlooked... to have a different one only makes it more fun! :D

Based on the orientation of the set piece from the aerial shot, the angle of this pic, and the location of the disk and its thick base, I would say this is new deflector dish. You can just make out its very thick base thru the gridwork/scaffolding.

that photo isn'tt enough confirmation to me that that is what it is but this would be a great nod to original trilogy fans as any real fan would "get it" if its a different shape... If it looked like the original many might be a bit confused and say "but didn't that dish get shorn off in return of the jedi?" and think it was a detail sadly overlooked... to have a different one only makes it more fun! :D

Agreed, its neat to have a new characteristic for the Falcon that differentiates it a bit from the OT.

Based on the orientation of the set piece from the aerial shot, the angle of this pic, and the location of the disk and its thick base, I would say this is new deflector dish. You can just make out its very thick base thru the gridwork/scaffolding.

agreed. the location is way to coincidental for it not to be.. funny thing is years ago I always imagined Han having replaced it and it looking very similar in shape. I imagined it looking more like these two but Lucasfilm didn't consult me so good enough! :D

imjifdish22.jpg9a20c91bf7584f00633d49c245a3b9e4.wix_mp_1024.jpeg

I'm glad they're making some mods to the classic design. It would make no sense if the MF was exactly the same after all this time. I think the rectangle dish could look swell!

How long before someone makes a full sized "set scale" MF in their back field? :lol

That's true and that's what I think is coloring everybody's perception of the Empire since we it mostly through the eyes of the Rebellion, we never get to see it from the perspective of the common citizen who more than likely don't know that the Empire is evil and probably wouldn't believe it either if told so. I'm sure that in the eyes of most people the members of the Rebellion were nothing more than a bunch of terrorists, scum, and ne'er do wells looking to destroy the way of life that they enjoy. And I'm sure that in some cases, particularly early on in the rebellion, it was probably true and it's something that I hope to see in Rebels.

I am about 1/3 through A New Dawn and they are already flushing out a better perspective of how the Empire is perceived about 10 years before ANH.

agreed. the location is way to coincidental for it not to be.. funny thing is years ago I always imagined Han having replaced it and it looking very similar in shape. I imagined it looking more like these two but Lucasfilm didn't consult me so good enough! :D

View attachment 378835View attachment 378836

The one on the right... :)

If Lando had known how to fly, they wouldn't be in that fix anyway... :D

Ha. They used an EU antenna. That's probably grinding some gears. ;)

I doubt Han would use a civy antenna though. The one that was on there was military grade.

Unless I missed an earlier point, the full scale falcon on location was only half assembled. And it's missing the half with the radar dish.

Are we sure that was a pic of the falcon?

One one half is detailed but they have a dish on it because it sticks up and you should be able to see it even standing on the other side. A detail missed in ANH but nailed this time.

Unless I missed an earlier point, the full scale falcon on location was only half assembled. And it's missing the half with the radar dish.

Are we sure that was a pic of the falcon?

Yes. Also see above. The photos are not ambiguous. Neither is the video posted by JJ. It was shot in the same location.

Hugely impressed by that dark X wing and the entire set. They have certainly had the weather and the right locations to film this. The Force MUST be with them!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back