Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Everyone is complaining about the lightsaber design. But I keep pondering on it and its functionality might come into play when someone else tries to chop the hand holding that saber, but they won't be able to do it easily this time.

I'm shocked at how much I like it. I was aghast when the concept art was leaked, but seeing it in motion, with that cool flame look...squee!

is this the hasbro maul saber hilt on the bottom of daisy's .. rifle?
daisy_maul2.jpg

Attachments

• daisy_maul.jpg
    daisy_maul.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 103

Until the you cut off ur own wrist from using it. Seems illogical & dangerous. Is it even a lightsaber cause it seems like it's on fire?

Everyone is complaining about the lightsaber design. But I keep pondering on it and its functionality might come into play when someone else tries to chop the hand holding that saber, but they won't be able to do it easily this time.

It definitely looked much better in the trailer, but the crossguard 'exhaust ports' extend far enough out on either side that it looks like you could still easily get your hand cut off without the blades doing anything.

Now I think you're doing it on purpose ;)

I dunno, JD. For as many limbs that have been lost at the hand of a lightsaber blade, the new blade guards seem 100% functional to me.

-Ss

-Ss

Hate the beach ball droid, but other than that, me likey. And yes, Daisy is adorable.

Notice that the stormtrooper blasters now have the magazine on the right side. No more cross-draw holsters, no more scraping black paint onto the front of the armor because of the protrusion!

Lightsaber design is similar to a sword's hilt with its guard. And a trained Jedi/Sith likely won't cut himself even while swinging it.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I think you're doing it on purpose ;)
Ha..I missed that :), didn't catch that at all. Guess we are in synch. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the saber with hand guard. If another lightsaber runs down the the blade and tests the guard it's just going to chop of the metal bit which stciks out about 2 inches instead of hitting the side sabers.

What I did like was Daisy's land speeder bike. It has a very industrial, farm equipment design, something a Jawa would like to get his grubby little paws on.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back