Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

How many trailers have we seen in the past, for whatever movie, that doesn't have ANY of the teaser material in the actual movie? This is just a teaser. And I am speechless! Loving it!

- - - Updated - - -

One heck of a nightmare!

The nightmare that he's in that teaser?

Reel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stormtroopers are not clones for the 1000th time! It's not up for debate!
Like I said there are several movies that setup Stormtroopers as clones. That's not debatable. It's LAZY and sets up too many questions.

We don't know he's a real Stormtrooper, do we? Maybe he used it as a disguise to escape from somewhere.

Underwhelming... this confirms a lot of my fears. After 30 years, they can't help but regurgitate the same old thing.... X-Wings vs. Tie Fighters and Stormtroopers. Yippee... sigh.

The grand battles of the original trilogy were all for nothing... the Empire is alive and well. This bugs me and it should bug more of us.

The prequels set up that Stormtroopers are clones. End of story, there is no debating this - making Boyega a new Stormtrooper and even varying the heights to imply they aren't clones just sets up a need for too much explanation. Again, you can say the new cartoon, the books... whatever. We have several movies that setup the Clones - changing this is just being lazy.

The new Sith lightsaber and the new droid seem very prequel-ish to me. Why aren't fans up in arms about this? (I don't mind the droid, the saber seems silly, non-functional and more about trying to mimic what Maul's saber did for many of us).

This whole thing just seems uninspired, lacking in originality and rote. I was so excited to watch this and after the initial rush... while I still want to see more (now), I'm left feeling that they're doing this wrong.

The new Sith lightsaber and the new droid seem very prequel-ish to me. Why aren't fans up in arms about this? (I don't mind the droid, the saber seems silly, non-functional and more about trying to mimic what Maul's saber did for many of us).

I dunno, JD. For as many limbs that have been lost at the hand of a lightsaber blade, the new blade guards seem 100% functional to me.

-Ss

We don't know he's a real Stormtrooper, do we? Maybe he used it as a disguise to escape from somewhere.
We don't... basing this one what we're seeing here. I'm still hoping for a great movie next year.

1014970_984481564902036_414293314915597140_o.jpg

I think J.J. did that on purpose, just to **** with the R2Builders :)

" try and build that R2Builders !"

Is that an Astroball ?

Astroball.jpg

Astroball.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Like I said there are several movies that setup Stormtroopers as clones. That's not debatable. It's LAZY and sets up too many questions.

LucasFilm has already said they are not clones regardless of your personal head canon. You can't sing the trailer for something that's based on a false pretense.

I dunno, JD. For as many limbs that have been lost at the hand of a lightsaber blade, the new blade guards seem 100% functional to me.

-Ss
I didn't think of it that way - but, it sure seems like it could hurt the user more than protect them. Hope you don't get sweaty hand using that thing... ;)

Underwhelming... this confirms a lot of my fears. After 30 years, they can't help but regurgitate the same old thing.... X-Wings vs. Tie Fighters and Stormtroopers. Yippee... sigh.

The grand battles of the original trilogy were all for nothing... the Empire is alive and well. This bugs me and it should bug more of us.

The prequels set up that Stormtroopers are clones. End of story, there is no debating this - making Boyega a new Stormtrooper and even varying the heights to imply they aren't clones just sets up a need for too much explanation. Again, you can say the new cartoon, the books... whatever. We have several movies that setup the Clones - changing this is just being lazy.

This whole thing just seems uninspired, lacking in originality and rote. I was so excited to watch this and after the initial rush... while I still want to see more (now), I'm left feeling that they're doing this wrong.

PIC.jpg

At first I was like meh. But now that I'm watching it over and over and over there are more and more small things getting me more and more excited. Like the fact the falcon has a new radar dish since it was torn off in ep 6 makes me have hope for the new trilogy.

I think J.J. did that on purpose, just to **** with the R2Builders :)

" try and build that R2Builders !"

Is that an Astroball ?

View attachment 410015

I already sent a message to my R2 builder friend. I told him if he wants to build that I would love help to try to figure out the mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back