Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Soo... Have none of you seen a real world claymore with blades or spikes instead of just a solid hand gaurd?

Even samarui and ninja swords most all had guards of some kind...

Only TRUE masters had their swords made without them...

It's bren said he isn't a true Sith and collects ANCIENT sith artifacts... Sooo...

Makes sense to me.

Lightsaber design is similar to a sword's hilt with its guard. And a trained Jedi/Sith likely won't cut himself even while swinging it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha..I missed that :), didn't catch that at all. Guess we are in synch. Sorry about that.

:lol

It's all good, just having some fun. Great minds think alike?? :p

-Ss

I'm looking at some PT pics. Already the clones, the fabric on CG characters (such as Jar Jar) look hilariously, jarringly dated and bad. In ten or twelve years, that Sith dude walking in those snowy woods and those stormies on that ship will still look really good. The comparison between the new stormies and the clones is jaw dropping (and kinda heart-breaking).

This kinda gives me a Dark Forces/Tales of the Jedi early 90's era EU vibe...and I mean that in the BEST possible way! I guess this really is just the most expensive fan film ever made, in a way :lol

I like the new ball droid. I think he's built for speed but without the PT jets on R2 silliness.Yeah R2 can fly but that was a PT thing.This has speed but without those stupid jets.

R2 flying in the prequels was RIDICULOUS. Just like ET flying; it made everything up until that moment a complete WTF.

-Ss

I'm liking the ball droid as well. He might look a little childish, but there's no way he'll be as over the top as Jar-Jar (cuz that guy just flat out sucked). Remember, Star Wars OT had elements from all sorts of age groups.

Also, I hated the Claysaber when the pictures were leaked a few weeks ago. It is definitely growing on me after the 4th dozen viewing of the trailer. I really like the "overcharged" effect. Makes him just seem crazy and reckless.

I like the new design, but that parody picture IS hilarious.

Have a scene where he's behind a door like the maul reveal, but it takes like 2 minutes to get it fully it ignited! LOL!

Ok some images:

Going by the back end of her & by the spacing of the 4 vertical parts near the flap actuators she looks like the 32" version......love that the engine isn't just a huge white optical effect anymore:
ScreenShot2014-11-28at170819_zpsca634522.png

ScreenShot2014-11-28at170620_zpsc9a14356.png

78dcb21e-6e5d-4648-aacf-3e8010ec36f8_zpsbb0c6786.png

ScreenShot2014-11-28at170535_zps4972cad8.png

ScreenShot2014-11-28at170331_zpsb2a58bd5.png

ScreenShot2014-11-28at170503_zps5e34cf35.png

J

Looked like everything I hate about J.J's style. It's just modem filmmaking I guess. Sigh.

I'm just going to say it. Everything looked cheap. When I saw screen caps of the x-wing pilot and cockpit I thought it was a chappy fan made thing. Where is all the detail?
And that Falcon shot excites people? Who can tell what the heck is going on. It doesn't move the way the Falcon used to.

As for the lightsaber cross guards; sure they would protect your hand, if the emitters weren't exactly where they would be instantly sliced through if another saber ran down the blade. It just feels like a cheap way to up the ante. For the next movie will the bad guy have 4 lightsabers? 4 lightsabers guys! Nerd *****!
Ugh..

What I did like was Daisy's land speeder bike. It has a very industrial, farm equipment design, something a Jawa would like to get his grubby little paws on.

It's not the speeder I'd like to get my grubby little paws on... [emoji12]

Sooooooo glad they didn't show Luke or Han or chewie.m a pleasure delayer... I want to drag my excitement out.

Everything looked great to me. I think my favorite shot was the x-wing cockpit shot. The OT cockpits always had that tight boxed in with gear feel... Like fighter jets. Something in the prequel cockpit shots didn't look right to me. I've never been able to put my finger on it. Whatever it was, this felt right.

maybe it's just the camera placement. Tight.

I'm officially pumped for this. I wish that this was it for the trailer as well. They just show too much in the trailers these days.

Looked like everything I hate about J.J's style. It's just modem filmmaking I guess. Sigh.

I'm just going to say it. Everything looked cheap. When I saw screen caps of the x-wing pilot and cockpit I thought it was a chappy fan made thing. Where is all the detail?
And that Falcon shot excites people? Who can tell what the heck is going on. It doesn't move the way the Falcon used to.

As for the lightsaber cross guards; sure they would protect your hand, if the emitters weren't exactly where they would be instantly sliced through if another saber ran down the blade. It just feels like a cheap way to up the ante. For the next movie will the bad guy have 4 lightsabers? 4 lightsabers guys! Nerd *****!
Ugh..

General-Grievous_c9df9cb5.jpeg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back