Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

I noticed in Thor: The Dark world at one point Thor hung his hammer on a hat rack. Would someone be able to take it off the rack? Technically that wouldn't be lifting it, would it?

There was a good debate on Thor's hammer on the Big Bang Theory once.

I noticed in Thor: The Dark world at one point Thor hung his hammer on a hat rack. Would someone be able to take it off the rack? Technically that wouldn't be lifting it, would it?

You'd have to lift it off the rack?

Honestly I think you just can't move it at all. The most you could do is break the rack Mjolnir is hanging from, in which case it would fall to the ground (and you better move your feet away !) bu that's pretty much it. If you kept a hand on the handle while it was falling off, you can say you "hold" it for one second maybe !

You would not be able to alter the trajectory of the hammer falling to the ground off the rack. Those not worthy can't influence the hammer in any way.

Could you swing it from side to side while it was on the rack?

Does it have actual weight? I mean the rack cant be that strong, if Thor put the hammer down gently on an egg or a balloon, would it smash them?

The hammer would have to have actual weight and mass or it'd be useless as a weapon. The not being able to lift it bit isn't a feat of strength, but some "magic" of the hammer knowing who is or isn't worthy to wield it. If it were a strength issue then Hulk should be able to nudge it more than Steve Rogers can.

The_Avengers_Age_of_Ultron_70241.jpg

The Avengers changed everything we knew about comic book movies, as well as franchise movies in general. Never before had a shared universe been so built up only to conclude with such an epic pay off at the end of the line. With a $207 million opening weekend, the film sits atop the rankings of biggest opening weekends ever, and with good reason. Of course, this naturally means that the success of The Avengers: Age Of Ultron is going to be measured on that scale, but early reports indicate that won’t be a big issue. As things currently stand, it looks like the summer blockbuster won’t just meet that challenge – it'll exceed it!

By just how much? Well, according to Bloomberg Business, it looks like the Joss Whedon helmed sequel will net an estimated $217 million in its opening weekend. That might be only $10 million past the high water mark set by its predecessor, but considering how saturated the market is with Marvel Studios films, and that any number would struggle to hit that mark, every million counts.

This sort of prediction is vital to studios like Disney and Marvel, simply because these estimates factor into the profit picture of the studio's film division. Bloomberg reports that Disney has been talking a huge game, what with Frozen still raking in obscene amounts of cash for pretty much all of 2014, and with Marvel scoring two huge hits with Guardians Of The Galaxy and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Stock offerings, public perception, and even the studio's moods towards developing projects that are a little riskier, like that newly resurfaced Tron sequel, are all in the balance with The Avengers: Age Of Ultron's perceived ability to perform in its first few days. Obviously these initial estimates are making the two studios look quite good.

Will Earth's mightiest heroes take the massive success that Marvel has been experiencing in recent years to the next level? Will audiences smash the 2012 record, or is The Avengers: Age Of Ultron the straw that breaks Marvel Studio's back? House money is clearly on the former, but it will be interesting just see just how long the winning streak will continue, – especially if the embattled Ant-Man doesn't live up to the huge lead-in it'll be getting. Arguably one of the most important functions The Avengers: Age Of Ultron will hopefully serve is both rising the tide for all superhero ships, and potentially serve as damage control for any sort of underwhelming grosses that might be on the horizon. While Cinderella and Tomorrowland are both looking good, they're still a little uncertain in such a crowded market. If they aren't careful, either film could be the next John Carter - another well intentioned flop that needed some heroes in its hour of need. Fortunately, Avengers 2 is looking to make enough money for at least two big releases.

The Avengers: Age Of Ultron will be rolling into theaters and potentially setting box office records when it rolls into theaters on May 1st.

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Early-Avengers-2-Box-Office-Predictions-Insanely-High-70241.html

The clip in question. It's one of the, uh... 2 or 3 episodes I've seen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know that i'd say revealed....Seems like a fairly vague statement on his part frankly. If you want to support the theory he's bringing his spiderman music, it's still valid. He says he's brought Alan Silvetri's avengers theme into a new piece. To keep the conspiracy theory alive, who's to say he wasn't bringing in the Avengers theme to an updated version of the spidey theme? He could also be turning it into dance music for all we know :)

Just saying, based on that article, all you can really say is that he did something that included the original avengers theme.

I'm now doubtful Elfman's involvement has anything to do with Spidey, I think they just weren't happy with Tyler's main score and wanted a fresh take on Silvestri's.

Question about Mjolnir and other people lifting/moving it. What if its in a shopping cart or on a skateboard? Can someone push the cart or the board? I also thought in the first film, one of the dudes tryin to pull it outta the crater woulda tried to dig under it and make it drop onto something like a dolly or a trailer thing

Elfman hasn't scored a Spider-Man film since Raimi's.
Seems like people are reaching and making connections that aren't there.
Tyler did ok with the theme for Iron Man 3. He's had some other decent work, but he's no Silvestri or Elfman.
Like the article said (and I said somewhere in this thread I think), Marvel's weakest connective tissue for their movies has been their themes/music.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back