Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

I've been a fan since the early 80s and I discovered the original comic book. I was able to put up with the kiddie cartoon and the cheesy films in the late 80s and early 90s. This just looks awful. Like, really, really bad. It'll probably make huge box office.

I'm going to go watch it because even though it has Bay's name attached to it, its still the TMNT and I like them enough to see the film despite the connection to Bay it has. I absolutely dislike the Transformers films but I'm hoping I will at least enjoy some of this one. I'm honestly a bit excited for it but am going in with no expectations.

I will never get used to the look of those Turtles (those teeth, dayam), but in terms of personality and voice, they seem pretty good. The humour and pop culture references fit with what they should be. I don't know how I feel about generic-Megatron-Wolverine-Shredder yet, but I don't like Splinter's voice.

I'm going to see the movie regardless (I know, I'm part of the problem :p ), but I'm maybe overall just a fraction less pessimistic about it at this point after that trailer.

Mikey's bit on the rooftop is pretty funny, but that just made me realize how little I want to see comedy in a live-action interpretation of these characters. I love the cartoon series running on Nick right now, and that's a great forum for the lighter side of the turtles. If you're gonna bother taking them out of the cartoon environment though, it makes sense to ground them a bit in the process.

Anyone see the Rocksteady character getting introduced in the TV Show?

Unfortunately, given the current situation, I can't refuse a 3d movie ticket for $8.00...with $8.00 combo for popcorn and soda...So I've been binge watching movies here in Korea. So I'll be able to tell you about a week ahead of schedule if it sucks...:lol

Damn, just saw the trailer...I'm OK with the look of the turtles. They look very realistic I mean. Shredder...Looks like he could be an epic boss battle. A bit much though with the returning spikes.

Last edited:
So I just saw the second trailer and now can't help but think they look like the offspring of Shrek and the king of Jar Jar Binx's race. And what Donatello does at 1:42 reminds me of the only thing I liked about X-Men Origins. I still don't understand why the f they would have Megan Fox in this after her conflict with Bay. Her time as a "hot" celeb has long been over. There is new eye candy out there.

After watching the last trailer again, I finally realized why I'm excited about this movie all of a sudden. It's Shredder's new suit. Not that it looks like megaton or that it might be more fitting for an Iron Man villain (guided blades? Wha?). Looking at his reveal and drawing out his blades reminded me of my excitement at seeing "Super Shredder" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze. I can still remember seeing Shredder in his super form smashing his way through the docks and remembering how freaking awesome it would have been if we had actually seen that sucker actually fight. But alas, he gets killed by his own stupidity by having the docks cave in around him that the Turtles didn't even cause. Since this Shredder looks to be just about as overpowered as Super Shredder, it's like I'm finally going to see something that I wanted to see way back in the day.

Saw these two on tv last night. They are slowly starting to grow on me

The voices are still pretty bad though. Donatello sounds like Kermit and Mike ugh

Last edited by a moderator:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSTyegeoISo" target="_blank">
I'm just the opposite.

They look like something godzilla might fight....and are afraid of machine guns? the bullets would probably bounce off. And Meghan Fox. my god..her face is permanently frozen in a look of dis interset.

And these voice actors.... lamest attempt at cowabunga ever. I especially like that one comment."We're shooting this scene like a movie..." WTF? YOU ARE SHOOTING A MOVIE! ugh. everything I see of this makes me hate it more.

Last edited by a moderator:
This movie has generic'd the TMNT franchise into a stock comic book thing. They seem to have tossed everything that made TMNT unique & interesting in the first place.

Well, it did show a scene where Ralph looks like he's getting shot and the bullets are bouncing off. And Donnie was just deflecting bullets, channeling Jedi powers for full auto weapons.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSTyegeoISo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSTyegeoISo
I'm just the opposite.

They look like something godzilla might fight....and are afraid of machine guns? the bullets would probably bounce off. And Meghan Fox. my god..her face is permanently frozen in a look of dis interset.

And these voice actors.... lamest attempt at cowabunga ever. I especially like that one comment."We're shooting this scene like a movie..." WTF? YOU ARE SHOOTING A MOVIE! ugh. everything I see of this makes me hate it more.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSTyegeoISo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSTyegeoISo
I'm just the opposite.

I like you Neil. Let's be friends.

Poetic.

At this point, most of you all are just here to *itch *itch *itch. Why do you even come here, to this thread? I know that when I decide I'm not into a movie from what I've seen about it, I just don't click on the d**n thread. Move on, go put some joy in your life by actually talking about something you enjoy.

Gee another movie with a generic rap soundtrack, what a surprise. At least one of those guys listed has several drug issues in Pittsburgh then again that didn't stop the city from having day celebrating him. I'd really like to like this movie but there's so much crap to it that we keep seeing. They've watered it down into another generic action movie like they did Gi joe and transformers.

Last edited:
I have been a HUGE HUGE TNT fan since day 1, but I am just not warmed up to this new movie and can't bring myself to go see it. It's been very deflating to see what I have so far and it's just really missing something.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back