Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

A) It pains me to say it, but this movie is looking better and better to me. I hate myself.
B) The whole "rampant crime, great city being destroyed" angle made sense in the 80s when NYC was festering and the TMNT could go all Charles Bronson and clean up the town. But in a post-Guilani (sp?) post-gentrification NYC...what are the turtles gonna do, kick loitering tourists out the the Times Square Baskin Robbins? Keep a sharp eye out for shoplifters at the Disney Store? NYC's gritty rep has taken a huge hit in the last two decades. Not sure the TMNT work quite as well if they're not in a "Mean Streets" version of the city.

Sometimes you just gotta fictionalize NYC a bit. There are plenty of back alleys and rough neighborhoods now anyway. I can't imagine marvel's daredevil series is gonna have him lurking on the roof of a Starbucks...

Know what I just realized? the tower falling off the highrise? that's almost the same as in the first of the new Spider-Man movies.

Umm, that's not where it ends. Listen to what the Shredder is saying. Your father was a part of something, and that something results in the creation of the movie's heroes, and the guy saying this happens to be the villain who will be fighting our heroes. Everything's gotta be about destiny these days and nothing can happen by accident.

Umm, that's not where it ends. Listen to what the Shredder is saying. Your father was a part of something, and that something results in the creation of the movie's heroes, and the guy saying this happens to be the villain who will be fighting our heroes. Everything's gotta be about destiny these days and nothing can happen by accident.

No,no it was more a comment about Bay reusing stuff in Transformers,in this case he may be copying from another movie i.e. guess the man doesn't have an original bone in his body.

Saw this pop up on a toy site. Some new images of Shredder, Splinter and a Foot Soldier or is that Casey Jones?

0032394.jpg

nope, foot soldier. way to change things so much they are not instantly recognizable bay..

playmates can NOT make a decent Shredder figure to save their lives..

playmates can NOT make a decent Shredder figure to save their lives..

Super Shredder was an awesome figure!.. But yeah. Even the original Shredder figure that they released not only looked like an old man wearing a paper helmet, but his "squat" legs rendered him totally impossible to pose. What the heck were they thinking?

At this point, I guess I just have to embrace the designs. I am kinda warming up to the movie, especially after the little humor early on in the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was from the official Paramount UK channel, didn't realize they blocked it for US viewers. I have now updated it to show the video from the official TMNT channel.

Thanks! Man, I really hate the voices. Like, so much. More than the faces, I think. I'm so on the fence about this. But leaning back toward "train wreck." Can't wait to see the reviews.

Very self-referential at the end - it's like they flipped the bird at the fans when they were forced to rewrite it.

"So they're aliens?"
"No, that's stupid. They're turtles."

This trailer actually had "fanbase soothing" all over it. Definitively say they're not aliens, show William Fichtner refer to someone else owning the original Shredder armor, etc. It seems like its got a confusing injection of the 80s cartoon in it - like when everyone was up in arms about departing from the source material, that's what they revisited to try and smooth things over. Was anyone clamoring for accurate depictions of Burne Thompson and Irma from Channel 6 news?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back