Blade Runner 2049

re: Blade Runner Sequel

Smells as bad as Highlander 2 to me...:unsure The movie wasn't set up for a sequel, it would be a total "shoehorn" event. Can't we have new stuff from these "old" guys? Come on Ridley, you must still have some original ideas, please?! ;)

Smells as bad as Highlander 2 to me...:unsure The movie wasn't set up for a sequel, it would be a total "shoehorn" event. Can't we have new stuff from these "old" guys? Come on Ridley, you must still have some original ideas, please?! ;)

That is why I would prefer a new story with all new characters, but set in the same world. I'd love to see what else is going on.

That is why I would prefer a new story with all new characters, but set in the same world. I'd love to see what else is going on.

Yep! Many of us agree.
Lots of room in that 'verse for compelling sci fi.
Show us something new, and don't call it Blade Runner Two!
That rhymes, that is my battlecry now.

Definitely not. But he's already made one dud sequel to one of his classics, and the situation is too similar to make me feel optimistic.

Sorry - but I agree.

The flaws with Promethius should have been apparent. I'm starting to wonder whether it's Star Wars, Alien, Bladrunner, or Terminator as much as the fans want to continue the fun in the universe, maybe it's just time to move on.

http://www.cnet.com/news/harrison-ford-talks-star-wars-blade-runner-and-indy-on-reddit/

On the "Blade Runner" sequel:

"I'm quite curious and excited about seeing a new script for 'Blade Runner' if in fact the opportunity would exist to do another. If it's a good script I would be very anxious to work with Ridley Scott again, he's a very talented and passionate filmmaker. And I think it would be very interesting to revisit the character."
On whether his "Blade Runner" character Rick Deckard was or wasn't a replicant:
"I think that it's a wonderful storytelling mechanism for that question to be left unanswered. I love that people are still curious about it."

Harrison Ford Offered Role in 'Blade Runner' Sequel | Variety
Nothing more reported. I am guessing based on his interest to reprise his role, they will likely work on the script to have Deckard as a character even though he may not necessarily be the central character. But yeah, I definitely want them to explore the BR universe further with new characters and new stories instead.

Okay, they have updated it with a press release now.

BLADE RUNNER 2 Publicly Begging Harrison Ford To Come Back | Badass Digest

Last edited:
Re: Blade Runner Sequel

Not necessarily, If replicants were biological, and there were rules Deckard and Rachael were free from (4yr lifespan), They could be still alive. I thought a good story would have been that they were they only ones that "got away" and were able to live well past their intended lifespan and allowed to grow old. After the death of Tyrell, all information about the Nexus 7 was destroyed to prevent Tyrell from being implicated in any wrong doing ( Creating replicants with feelings and extended life spans that were loose on earth)

Then there was a new purpose for replicants...their bodies. They develop a method for transplanting someones entire mind into a replicant body....but the current models only allow for the 4yr lifespan. People are willing to pay the price to have their minds transplanted into new bodies as a way to cheat death. Word gets out about Rachael and Deckard and people are sent to hunt them down to find out the secret of their longevity if they still exist.

I'd only be in for this if the director wants to maintain the same sense of isolation. If he wants to change the tone or something nutty like tying it in with Prometheus then I wouldn't be happy.

Deckard may be a special longer lived replicant. Ford could play the human that Deckard's memories were from, just as Racheal was from Tyrell's niece but again, that would ruin the ambiguity.

I'd rather see a whole new story with all new characters, set in the same universe. Maybe a quick Ford cameo sighting with no explanation so that the debate will continue.

I've done my rant previously what I think they should and should not do, but
IF there must be a cameo of some kind, I think Gaff best suits that.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back