Blade Runner: Black Lotus

So disappointed ☹️. It's amazing studios have trouble creating a half way decent product when the hard part has already been done for them. So sad.

So disappointed ☹️. It's amazing studios have trouble creating a half way decent product when the hard part has already been done for them. So sad.
I understand the feeling; with all of that material available to them, you would be able to hit the ground running!

As much as I like Blade Runner, there isn't much that can be done with it as a property. All the stories thus far are pretty much the same: "Blade Runner goes after replicant." It's really quite boring.

I hold that the best thing done with Blade Runner after the Final Cut is LukaFilm Slice of Life short.

As much as I like Blade Runner, there isn't much that can be done with it as a property. All the stories thus far are pretty much the same: "Blade Runner goes after replicant." It's really quite boring.

I hold that the best thing done with Blade Runner after the Final Cut is LukaFilm Slice of Life short.
Luka and Dino are so incredibly talented. I am humbled to be working with them.

^^
That's, because he doesn't go after Replicants:) He wants out of this World and wants to go Off-World. A nice retirement plan as he sees it.
It's true that if you only focus on chasing/killing Replicants, that complex idea of what's making us human (and the philosophy behind that question) becomes moot. Blade Runner is much more than that!

I still think it looks really cool...but I also:
A. Love Adult Swim
B. Love all these newer animated shows that skew pretty adult

I’ve got it set up to record.

I'll watch it as well. It seems like it's mainly geared to being from the perspective of a replicant. The art style actually looks like if you upscaled the old PC (and soon console) Blade Runner game. I was hoping more for the Black Out art style, but I'll give it a try anyway, if nothing more than for a little more Blade Runner world building lore.

I watched the premier tonight and I REALLY liked it.

The story is intriguing. The direction was excellent. The character models are...interesting...their animation is smooth, but they look a bit retro if that makes any sense.

The background animation though??? Holy cow...it’s just phenomenally gorgeous.

I’ll definitely keep watching.

The lip syncing is non existent at times. It really did feel like watching cut scenes in a video game level of cheap

When she was hiding out in that junk shop, I swear they didn't even bother animating the one character's mouth. It was like he had a permanent smile the whole time he was talking and he totally moved like a rigid cut scene character

I can't really say if it was good or bad since I feel asleep shortly after that scene. Did record both episodes though. Expectations have been lowered, but we will see

I agree with Nth . When I watched it it I had expected that I had an Xbox controller in my hand and was waiting until the "live" action was over until I could play.

One of the characters is brandishing a slasher knife that is a cop of the one from the 1986 Stallone movie, Cobra.

TazMan2000

I'm liking it so far. The art style has grown on me and I'm glad to see it's not pulling any punches on the violence. It's honestly giving me more of a Shadowrun vibe than Blade Runner so far, but I'm as much of a die hard Shadowrun fan as I am a Blade Runner fan so it works out for me.

Some nice little nods the original Blade Runner. The Roy Batty dive, the Ennis house tiles and the OffWorld Colonies ads. I'll also never get tired of seeing spinners in action. I hope it gets a blu ray release so I can buy it.

And I also gotta say the soundtrack has grown on me as well, I even found it on youtube and ripped it.

"Some nice little nods the original Blade Runner. The Roy Batty dive, the Ennis house tiles and the OffWorld Colonies ads. I'll also never get tired of seeing spinners in action. I hope it gets a blu ray release so I can buy it."
Noodle bar now owned by the woman with an eye patch from the original I thought was a nice touch. Like she had upgraded from her little booze hatch.

Also noticed the sound effects from Deckards home electronics used in Doc Badgers shop and a version of Luv's gun being used by a gang member ( complete with THE Blaster sound).

The character animation does look a bit 2015,(or should that be 2019? sic) but I can live with that.

Well, I always said, for years now, that BR could've been done as TV series (high quality that is) and that each episode/season could've been directed by a different director each time. It's about time folks, it's about time:rolleyes:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back