Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Hey you guys, Tamiya 1/35 StuG III Ausf G = GOLD MINE. Pics soon as I finish photoshopping.

Edit: pics, whee. Pretty sure the Hurricane part was already found, am losing track (hurry up, Nick!) :)

large-scale-millennium-falcon-kit-ids-stugiii-parts-01b.jpg-79238d1325260152

Last edited:

Nicely done Martyn!
Cool finds!!
I think it's OK if we repeat ourselves from time to time with some parts, they are to many to keep them in mind and it is useful to keep refreshing the memory:lol

Bests:
Rod

Hi guys, could this grille be from the Elefant? The photo I got was a 1/72 but the bigger scale Elefant might be a match?

Turretgrill.jpg

Already ID as from the Italeri 1/35th Elefant. Comes as a separate part away from the main hull.
Stu

Cheers Rod. I'll scan the StuG and post it up - I was knackered last night from work in the yard, and I *know* I've missed parts.

It's pretty evident that the ILM guys were poring over their kit boxes, at times. Where you find one part from a given kit, you often find several others nearby - I find it is useful to keep that in mind. :)

Yeah, thats good thinking Martyn, I'd thought the same too & often proves the case.
Oh, great finds again mate, your'e killing my wallet!.

Cool, Martyn! I actually just modeled those little brackets on top of the docking ring. Now I know where they came from! I love those little 'trivial' bits that seem generic to find.

Yup yup yup, ditto! Funny thing though, there's about three kits' worth on there - you only get four or so in the kit. And I see no sign elsewhere that more than one StuG was used. Just that - go figure.

Yeah that detail on the Y-Wing's butt comes from the Stug III G!
You have been doing a terrific work Martyn!
Here is a summary of the BMW R75 parts I have found on the 5Footer, still looking for more bits.
Today I got the Fujimi 1/76 Valentine, I'll upload Kit scans later to Simon's kit scan thread.
Does somebody know where this part comes from :confused

Bests:
Rod

Last edited:

Thanks BP! You rock! Your Nichimo scans are great! I searched the web for info in those kits and never found anything! So thanks!

A HAPPY NEW YEAR for all the cool people in the RPF and to the brotherhood of the Falcon :):lol:cool

Stella job guy's keep it up. I'll have a ton more kit scans up over the next week as I box them up to send away. Hope they help. Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing some falcons this year. Happy New year!

Simon.

Julien, yeh I know, but peculiar they used only one (mostly) on the Falcon *except for those tiny pieces*. As a late build I guess they'd *already* grabbed the best stuff out of the other kit boxes!

Rod, I think there's some new finds among your R75 stuff, good roundup and well done on the new finds. And as BP says, Bandai 1/48 - that's a Lycoming flat four I think? There are other 1/48 Bandai bits too IIRC, still waiting on some kits, will post after they arrive.

HNY to you guys too!

Last edited:

Hey Martyn, nice going with the Tamiya 1/35 StuG III Ausf G finds. Do we need to get any specific version, eg original tooling? - I notice that the kit artworks I'm seeing on ebay don't show the big side plates. Are they included as optional parts in all the kits?

I'm home again from tomorrow so will try and get some more updates started.

Hope you all had a great New Year celebration :)

Nick, cool, can't wait. I go to your maps first and then pore thru everyone else's but it is getting a bit hard to keep track of. E.g. I thought I was first to find those winch halves on the halftrack turret part that's next to the Elefant grille, but was pathetically late to the party there.

For the StuG, you want the original 70's kit. Item no. 35014, a.k.a. 1/35 Military Miniature Series No. 14, per attached pic.

Avoid item no. 35197 which is a new tool IIRC, ditto anything with "Fruhe version" or "Early Production" or "Late Production" etc - those distinctions were not made by plastic kit firms until what, the early 90s or so.

The Schurzen ("skirts") are in 35014, I can't say for the others, my armour lore fails me there. If present they are likely to be from new masters.

Nwerke said:

I think we havent Martyn.

And now for something completely different...:lol
Have we Ided the parts of the Engine deck main detail I highlighted on the pic? Is it just me or are they complete mysteries? I know the green used to be at both sides, but where do they come from? :confused

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just been scratching some parts for my 1/12th X-Wing & looking through a Dragon models kit of the 1/35th Sherman M4A3 (HVSS version) & found a part that looks identical to part #1 in the pic.
It's too small of course, but I scaled it up to 1/16th & it fits perfectly.
This means that the Tamiya 1/16th radio-controlled Sherman could possibly have been a donor too, ouch:cry.
The ILMers used this kit for the Sandcrawler, so possibly pulled some bits out for the Falcon as well. Anyone have the kit or scans of the sprues?. I can't find any ref anywhere.
Stu

I just bought the sprue I needed for the turbo laser which is sprue B. It's not on that one but the eBay seller has scans of the sprues on the bay.

Dang.

Only seems to have Leopard parts for sale at the moment.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back