Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Thanks Rod and Blackpig! D'oh, I knew it had to be F1. That's now virtually the only 70's Tamiya 1/12 F1 kit I *don't* own, lol.

Tsophika, that'd be no problem. Tried the moulds last night, results were okay. Usable but I'd like to improve on them a bit; I might buy my own StuG and cast the parts off the sprues, properly, at some point.

You are welcome Martyn, there more 312B Parts along the mandible, if you need more pics let me know.

As we turned to Iding parts we left aside the dims we were looking into some pages behind.
There were differences between the dims of the gun turret. Since I got the M36 Jackson I found out that there is this part pasted on the side of the turret, part that measures 1,9 cm / 0,747 approx in height. This gave me a turret depth of 4,27cm / 1,681" plus 2mm of styrene sheet! Way off from the 1,91cm /0,753 or 1,73cm / 0,68" we were guesstimating before!:wacko
What do you think of this Martyn, Stu, Craig, everyone? :confused :confused

Hi Rodmart, then the part's length would be 5.5cm? The turret top width looks more than 10 times that part - which would turn out to be more than 55cm (21 inches) wide if that were the case.

Maybe there is a similar smaller scale M36?

Turretwidth.jpg

1.9cm x 35 = 66.5 cm high in real life. Divide by 72 gives .92cm high. Divide that by 1.9 = 0.48 x 4.27cm = 2.06cm or .81". I think the part is from a 1/72 or 1/76 kit. Is that one more for the list, or a scale correction for the existing one?

There's a more direct check. One of the rectangular M23 plates that is used all over the engine deck is on the front of the lower turret, mounted vertically. Try scaling from that as a crosscheck.

It's quite impresive how similar the Tamiya 1/35 part is from the Nitto-Fujimi 1/76. Well thought off guys here are the scans of the Fujimi 1/76 M36 Jackson, another one for the list:)

Wow, it's what you get when a Sherman decides to become a Panther when it grows up, lol...

That grill on the back plate - is the 1/35th version the one that is in the portside trench?

In other news, the Tamiya 1/12 Lotus 49 is NOT what we need for the quad laser barrel tips. Sorry Lee...

Well done Martyn!
I Ided this part of the maint pits the other day, couldn't believe I had the kit for so long without noticing it! Cool!:cool
Also Ideed one of the missing parts you can see in the black & white pics.
In between the Tamiya Chieftain suspension parts resting inside the Centurion chasis you can see the front landing gear of the Revell 1/32 Phantom now missing.

Nice going Rod and Craig. Rod, so glad to see that Harrow part. Did you take the "god, they MUST have used this!" approach? :lol

I am not sure about the Phantom part. I was looking at that a while back and thinking 'well, yes, it's 1/32 jet', but I recall thinking it wasn't Phantom for some reason. Something to do with the scissor links IIRC. It WAS my first thought though...better have another look...

Nwerke said:
I am not sure about the Phantom part. I was looking at that a while back and thinking 'well, yes, it's 1/32 jet', but I recall thinking it wasn't Phantom for some reason. Something to do with the scissor links IIRC. It WAS my first thought though...better have another look...

Martyn, i am pretty sure it is the F4 front landing gear, you can se even one of the pins used to hold some other parts of the gear. I am pretty familiar with the F4. I had to get 3 for the X-Wing revisited:)

I hear you Julien. I promise I've started to pull together the info that's now bulging out of this thread. I'm aware that if we don't have a decent set of updated maps we risk re-inventing the wheel, as the info is strung out across so many pages now.

Hope you guys all had a great Christmas :)

Haha sorry BP :)
That's hard to follow without updating partmaps lol

Nick,
The docking ring map I did was mostly so I could scale my 3D Falcon. If it would help I can shoot you the .PSD file.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Actually that would be great if you could. You did such a nice job I was going to make it the new MF001 as there's not much point in me retreading the same ground. I'll put your name to it of course :)
my email is edge_of_resin@btinternet.com

Cheers
Nick

Nick,
The docking ring map I did was mostly so I could scale my 3D Falcon. If it would help I can shoot you the .PSD file.

Craig

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back