Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Thanks Rod!

Here's a few more finds for tonight. The Hanomag part was again a case of thinking "I KNOW they had to have used this!". :)

The pit with the turret actually has two of them. I don't have the 1/700 battleships, are they Iowa? Don't think they look Yamato, but they look at least like 16" turrets.

The ghost part on the right side of the inner jaws pic - anyone think it could be the matching Centurion bit, mounted vertically instead of horizontally?

Amazing finds Martyn, man, do you ever sleep bro?.
Woohoo, finally that Hanomag piece is used somewhere!. I always thought too, what a choice part to place somewhere.
Stu

Thanks Stu. Yeah it has the look of a no-brainer, must-use-this-part part, don't it? :)

Before I forget, the small ring-of-bolts-on-a-disc-on-a-stalk parts that stick out all over the sides of the ship are 1/15 Hummel, too. I'll map 'em tonight, gotta go build some stuff right now. :)

You are a machine, Martyn! I wish I had half of these kits, but that will come in time I suppose. I just received my Fire Chief.

Add another vintage kit to the list: Tamiya Shinano. It contributes little bits around the radar dish. Also shown are some rails I thought were Sealab, until I actually held one in my hand. :( Close, but no cigar.

Craig

Last edited:

Cheers Craig, good going there! Oh sod, hard to get hold of that kit, what with all the dern TIE Bomber builder fighting all the dern Probot builders for it. :lol OTOH I might still have most of an old one somewhere in my parts stash. I used to break kits up into 'like' bits, which was a stupid approach in retrospect but back then I never expected to be building any replicas.

Oh - it's the Ladder Chief you really need, btw. Well, Fire Chief will also supply almost all the really visible bits.

As for finding bits, honestly it is like a smorgasbord right now...it's not that I have any special talent at this, I'm just buying a lot of kits! It would be difficult NOT to find a lot of parts. :lol And there are doubtless a ton I have missed so far. When we get down to the small stuff that's when I'll really falter, you just watch!

Again, cool finds Martyn!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup
I knew that Centurion Sprue had to give up something else, just
couldn't find it. What could be the part attached on top of it?
Looks like a warship deck, what do ya think?
So I started looking in Warship kits but did not find that parts but here is what I've got so far plus Craig's findings(y)thumbsup:thumbsup plus a map of the Sheridan parts mostly all of them Ided already but useful to gather them all together!
Bests:
Rod

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey don't do yourself down there Martyn, you have a damn good eye. You're giving Black Pig a run for his money! :)

Whoah Rodmart, yours just came through as I was writing. Geez are you guys on something at the moment? - if so I want some! Think we had some of the larger sections of Sheridan noted but those smaller parts are new. As Martyn says its always painful getting those itty bitty parts...

Nice work, Rod! That reminds me to ask, have we already pointed out the obvious 1/48 panzer parts in the pit that has the two battleship turrets? Can't recall.

Nick, thanks very much, man!

We put rubber on the StuG parts yesterday by the way. Had to do it on the sprues though, haven't yet tried the moulds out, not sure what the results will be like.

I've got a bit of a break in DIY jobs at the moment so I'm trying to pick up the threads on some of the partmaps. Will try and get a few updated revisions posted soon.

Nwerke said:
Nice work, Rod! That reminds me to ask, have we already pointed out the obvious 1/48 panzer parts in the pit that has the two battleship turrets? Can't recall.

I think we havent Martyn.

And now for something completely different...:lol
Have we Ided the parts of the Engine deck main detail I highlighted on the pic? Is it just me or are they complete mysteries? I know the green used to be at both sides, but where do they come from? :confused

Hey don't do yourself down there Martyn, you have a damn good eye. You're giving Black Pig a run for his money! :)

Hahahahaha!!!:lol

Hey Martyn, Rod !
You guys Awesome finds ! :love:love:love

I have the Iowa kit. So, I'll upload the pics of kit scan, later.:)

Here you are ! This is Fujimi's 1/700 IOWA,NEW JOURSEY,MISSOURI kit scan !:)

And another gun turrets scan pic is from Airfix 1/600 Scharnhorst.

Tiger1 engine part added.:thumbsup

Thanks, Black Pig, great stuff! There is another Panzer floor part in that pit too.

Rod, No. 4 is R75. Edit: going from memory there, too late to go rummaging in the shed, and looking at scans I think I'm wrong there.

Last edited:

Thanks for the scan, Blackpig. I see another radar dish part right off the bat.

Oh - it's the Ladder Chief you really need, btw.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say. I got the right one. :thumbsup
Hey, I'd be up for a StuG cast set when they're done.

Craig

Last edited:

Here's the docking ring image I've created. Sorry for the large file but it is 1:1 scale. :love The last little bit on the ring consists of two 1/35 gun barrels and a wheel, I think. Fruehauf Reefer is close but not it.

Craig

Last edited:

Nice one, thanks. I've actually started to update my original maps including the docking rings, though I think yours has ended up being a bit neater than mine now! :)

I've been trawling through all the stuff which has been posted up so I will start to deliver revised maps to pull all this together in the New Year. I'm just wary of a number of people all doing the same work, though I know I've been a bit out the loop recently.

Cheers
Nick

NP from my end. That's why I'm mostly keeping my stuff rough and ready; I can even pull them down once you're done, if you like.

Hey, anyone have any idea what this is from?

Last edited:

Gort, mate, we are looking forward to see your final Maps after all that has been ideed since you started this great post. I'll always be glad to contribute and when the upgrade of your maps are ready I have no problem pulling down mine for clarity's sake:).

Nwerke said:
Hey, anyone have any idea what this is from?

Yes mate, iy is another part from the Ferrari 312B here is the pic:

Special thanks to Black Pig for his kindness sharing the 312B with me!
(y)thumbsup(y)):cool:cool
Scans that allowed me to ID this part

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back