Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Happy to help guys. Thanks for the notes and updates I've already had. I'll get those added ASAP then try and pick up with the maint pits.

We've made massive in-roads into this, but then I look at all the surface I haven't mapped yet and it just seems never ending! - still, no pain no gain :)

Cheers
Nick

Another small part find, Tamiya 1/35th Panther Ausf A.

Just a thought regarding the Tamiya 1/12th F1 kits used on the Falcon.
The M23 is THE major donor of all the F1 kits used, how about if the parts maps label the part as M23, as first choice, over all other F1's, unless a specific part is indeed from a different version & is deemed unique. I know the DFV versions are spread over a number of kits, but the M23 is generic.
An example would be parts map MF 012 1.2, part #4 is labeled Lotus JPS, but these parts are found in the M23 as well.
Stu

Staring at Sealab parts some more... my initial hunch about the radar dish was correct and those are actually the #36 railings! I didn't have those parts in hand initially, only the incorrect #35 part. Fixed that problem and now have a Sealab with most parts still attached to the sprues. :cool

The rods on the docking ring that I thought were just cut styrene are actually part #s 50 and 85.

Craig

Last edited:
Very nice work, gents! Dammit...I really am going to have to get a better Sealab, aren't I? :cry

I just landed the Payhauler. I've been going over it to try to find more than the chassis and waistband bits, and failing. It's kinda hard to believe - this kit is 80% engine. Why isn't there more on the Falcon?

Hi everyone.
I've been out of the loop for a while, too busy with the X-Wing casts. I have got some new finds for the 5 footer.
The Tamiya 1/35 Panzer II F/G quite an old Tamiya kit and here are the parts used on the Falcon:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey Martyn, I also got a few weeks ago the Payhauler 350 and I just know of the chasis parts, wich ones are for the waistband mate?
At least the Payhauler is a donnor for the Y-Wing too as you say it has got a lot of cool engine parts. I wonder why they did not use them :confused

bests:
Rod

Very nice, Rod! The old cluster effect again. :)

I have a couple of older Tamiya Mokei kits coming on spec too, fingers crossed...

The Payhauler, all I can assume is that it had already been stripped and was down to leftovers by the time they got to the final Falcon. :unsure

For the waistband, there's a small striplike part that's on a couple of the maps. I haven't confirmed it myself yet.

I just landed my Plastruct order, including the dish. DAMN that thing's big. Looking forward to starting to build it up; unfortunately it's going to be about 110F here for the next week straight, so no shed time. :cry

Dont ya just love the Aussie weather? I got a few vinyl figure kits that had a real hard time last year.

And nice of you to quote it in fahrenheit for our poor backward cousin's.:lol

PS: I am soooooo looking forward to seeing a few of you guys get started on these falcons.

I aint got any kits to offer, but I would be happy to help out any way I can with labor, or working on a cockpit template from my graphics, or scaled figures (If someone can give me scale). Would love to help out in some way. Anyway its there if ya need it.

Ohh, just a thought, when you get around to the body of the falcon. Since the ILM guys used a bit of plumbing (PVC) etc, It occured to me they most likely just used a stink pipe cover for the cockpit canopy. I tried to find one that fit my AMT many years ago but all too big. When discusing this topic with another falcon builder I sought the advice from an old plumber friend of mine, and when showed a pic of the cockpit, he was prety much convinced it was just that. He even had a specific name for the type (Stubby nosed type). Apparently they still make the same (simular) type in the USA.

Ozzy

Just so it was clear what I was talking about.

-PVC-Pipe-Fitting-Water-Drainage-Vent-Cap.jpg

Ozzy

Couple of biggish ones this season so far, nothing right now though. Yeah, a week of this crap still upcoming. Dang.

Stink pipe cover was always my first thought each time I looked at a Falcon pic too, heh. Inspiration seems more likely than actual found object though given all the cockpitesque edging etc.

Thanks for the offer! Graphics etc might very much be a possibility!

I'm gonna glue my Saturn piece to the Plastruct dish tomorrow and call my Falcon started, lol.

Congratulations Nwerke!
You are starting your build, best wishes and I'll be waiting to see your work mate!
Here, we have had very a very hot summer too, although not as much as in Australia, but I can say all this heat is a headache for resin casting! The resin cures too fast so I have to keep it on the fridge and cast the big parts like the X-Wing fuselages at night after 11 O'clock what makes casting a kit really slow.

Hey, Iv'e glued some engine deck parts together, maybe Iv'e started as well:lol.

Regarding the 'stink' pipe part, I'd always wondered too about the shape, but dissmissed it after investigating the true contours. I'll be scratching it for my build.

Ozzy, very generous of you to offer a cockpit graphics set, that may be just the ticket down the track.

Stu

Hi,

I've just added a few more maps for the various maint. pits. Nothing earth shattering, but it keeps it all together. Will do more as and when I can

Cheers
Nick

I cut the 1.5mm styrene diamonds that cover the docking ring mounts, if that counts as starting! :) Also found some H&R brick, the last bit I needed for the inner rings. Molding Sealab parts is next... along with finishing my templates for the plating around the rings. :)

Thanks for the updates, Nick.

Craig

Woohoo, just scored a vintage Bandai 1/24th Panther Ausf G. My biggest purchase yet on a donor kit, I'm mad:lol.
The parts from this will help heaps with my overall plan/side elevation schematics.

Next up, more Tamiya 1/12th F1's, even after buying more M23 sprues:cry.

I feel I must say this to all the people that have contributed to this thread, in that if not for all the information that has ammassed here, I doubt I would have even considered starting a build.
Alot & I mean alot of the ID's, I hadn't even considered to be a donor kit/part.
This will be a dream come true, so many, many thanks to you all, it is an honor to be part of such a great community.
Stu

Last edited:
YOU'RE mad? I just scored a 1/15 Panzer IV. No idea if it has Falcon parts...let's see! :D Just landed a few other kits so I'll be going through those this week. Fingers crossed.

Yeah - you can't really lay out the mandible sidewalls without the 1/24 Panther. It's also a really nice kit! I plan to build mine, after all this is done.

Sentiments seconded. :)

Now That is mad Martyn. Still, if no donor parts are found in the Panzer 1V, it'll build up into a fantastic model mate!:behave.
Stu

No no no..... You've both got it wrong. The panther g and panzer 4 will make a good TURBO LASER.... c'mon repeat after me..... T.U.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back