Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

I thought the movie was great. I've got tickets to see it a third time this weekend. It seems like quite few scenes from the trailers and the "extended look" didn't make the final cut though.

I thought there was too much music and dancing, I mean why make a big deal about the cassettes and the bond with his mother who taught him to love 70's music,.....in fact there was too much fun in the film full stop

:darnkids

J

Saw it Tuesday, as I thought it was goofball and funny, nothing serious or dark/deep. A lot of fun for a movie.

Everytime they said Ronan, I wanted to answer :D its rare to see my name, spelled properly too! :lol

Loved it. Yeah, there were some plot holes, and the action was a bit muddy, and blah blah blah. But when the characters are so interesting and charming, it's easy to give plot thinness a pass. More please.

Am I the only one who thinks the dancing Groot (and dancing Star Lord) are pretty much the same thing as THAT scene from Spidey 3?

I found the whole movie brilliant except for those bits. I think I was the only person in the cinema who didn't laugh.

You sound like the people from Footloose. Hopefully the great warrior, Kevin Bacon, will soon arrive to save you.

Just got back from seeing a matinee. Great movie! Loved it! I want to know what's on Star Lord's Awesome Mix Volume 2.

Just got back from seeing a matinee. Great movie! Loved it! I want to know what's on Star Lord's Awesome Mix Volume 2.

One can only guess but I'm feeling postitive that the following two are on it :D:

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know what's on Star Lord's Awesome Mix Volume 2.

Well, the opening scene was in 1988, so maybe time for some 80's music instead of 70's.

I Wanna Dance With Somebody- Whitney Houston
Here I Go Again- Whitesnake
Don't Dream Its Over- Crowded House
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For- U2
Everybody Wants To Rule The World- Tears For Fears

Last edited:
Well, the opening scene was in 1988, so maybe time for some 80's music instead of 70's.

I'd put on there "Turn Up the Radio" by Autograph, but that's the title song to Hot Tub Time Machine.

And I'm wondering, since Disney bought Lucasfilm, and they got Howard the Duck in there, are they planning to re-boot Howard?

Gunn said the end credits scene was just a funny nod to show they don't take things too seriously. I don't think they're planning anything

Just got out of my second viewing. Took the kids this time, both (8 and 6) had a blast. This movie has a lot of heart and super fun characters. We need more movies like this.

Nah, Peter's mum was educating her son with her love of 60's & 70's music

Maybe that was her soundtrack when she was 'lovin' the alien'

J

Last edited:
I wonder if there are any Beatles tracks on the second tape.

I can imagine revolution would be a good one in a guardians film.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back