Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

Saw it the other night.

Enjoyable...entertaining. Liked the dialogue, funny jokes and the character development/chemistry/interactions were sincere.

But I just don't get it.

I left the theatre with a shrug. An odd film and I just don't really get the point. Hype seems misplaced to me.

Maybe a film that just entertains you without having to mean anything on a deeper level is the point?

Or maybe the point is five broken people met each other, and each one of them became better people in a group than they could ever have been on their own, and along the way saved the galaxy.

Saw it the other night.

Enjoyable...entertaining. Liked the dialogue, funny jokes and the character development/chemistry/interactions were sincere.

But I just don't get it.

I left the theatre with a shrug. An odd film and I just don't really get the point. Hype seems misplaced to me.

I think this could have been said in May 1977 no?

Saw it a few nights ago, totally loved it! Rocket totally stole the show for me, his constant wisecracks (the joke with the artificial leg and one of the Ravagers' artificial eye), and the way he mourned the loss of his friend (the way he relaxed when Drax stroked his head garnered an "awwwwwww" from most of the female audience in my theatre), made him an absolute awesome character. Chris Pratt too was awesome, though it seems not many people knew about him in Hong Kong (I remember overhearing someone behind me ask his friend "isn't that Ben Affleck?!". LOL!!

The only gripe I had was the way Gamorra was portrayed in the beginning, a somewhat supposedly competent warrior/assassin having trouble with a goofy thief and a raccoon and his walking tree. I expected a better fight scene but I suppose it made for better laughs.

Just might go have another see later.

yea, Gamora is supposed to be "the deadliest woman in the galaxy"
her sword is pretty epic, Godslayer, which is supposed to be able to injure or kill even cosmic beings

We just got home from seeing it. Oh... my... GAWD! That was the most fun I've had at a movie in forever! My new favorite phrase forever will be "pelvic sorcery"!

Wife and I loved it. The Star Wars comparisons........little overboard. But this was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

Caught it today and loved it too !

The only gripe I had was the way Gamorra was portrayed in the beginning, a somewhat supposedly competent warrior/assassin having trouble with a goofy thief and a raccoon and his walking tree. I expected a better fight scene but I suppose it made for better laughs.
But I have the same gripe, and from Drax too. They seemed a bit under-skilled given their reputation. Maybe the Russo Brothers set the bar too high with their bad ass fight scenes !

they did ok with Drax's fighting skills, but he seemed underpowered as far as physical strength. he should have been able to give Ronan a run for his money the first fight (pre-infinity stone). I'm hoping they make it so he gets stronger and more focused the closer he is to Thanos

10480152_914919265192329_3772628396351738834_n.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back