Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Since they closed part of our high way this weekend for the movie. I would have thought it would have zoomed by while I was stuck in the traffic jam. But I wasn't gonna stick around all night in hopes of it showing up.

I'm waiting for Aqua man to step out of the Detroit river and fall over dead from the toxins. :lol

I don't even think the Batmobile is in town. I was so sad. I just wanted to see it. :(

And Monkey, if you're talking about 94, it wasn't because of the movie that it was closed! I swear!! Everyone thought so but it's for that new rail system thingy or whatever. The helicopter came through around 8:20ish or somewhere in that vicinity. It did like six passes. People were crowded up and down the road as far as I could see down Fort to watch it. I was just glad and lucky to be stuck inside the barricade when they wrapped my group so we could get a good view of it.

Not sure if it was brought up in my two days away or if anyone thought of it yet, I'm sorry. But with Affleck being in a suit and tie as Bruce Wayne, during what appears to be Metropolis during a large destruction/maybe "Super powered fight scene" dare I say? My first and only thought while seeing this is that they are linking the two films in a way that I can side with. Wayne is in Metropolis during the events of Man of Steel, witnesses the death and destruction first hand, and tries to help in any way he can as Bruce Wayne while he witnesses the city get destroyed.

This addresses two things. One, it links MoS and BvS by essentially overlapping the movie timeline (if just for a scene or two) and two, it give Bruce first hand knowledge of what happened and allows him to come to his own conclusion of Superman based on the death and destruction he witnessed. Hence, why Bruce might truly hate/dislike Superman from the start because he saw the fight and people dying because of him. Think about it. Bruce could have been in town that day at a business meeting (say with Lex Corps maybe?) and the destruction starts. As he witnesses the fight he does what Batman/Bruce does and helps citizens during the chaos.

(Plus it gives Snyder a chance to address the fact that Superman did destroy half of Metropolis during the fight without blinking.)

Yes, Batman teaches Supes a lesson in humility...don't go carelessly into the city destroying everything!
Then they have an epic battle in Gotham and destroy half the city...:lol

If they're fighting then you have to please fanboys on both sides.

The obvious (and unoriginal) way . ..

Batman, as the elder and the physical underdog, will have the moral high ground in the dispute.
Batman with his brains and tech will be three steps ahead of Supes and get the better of him in the beginning.
Ultimately, in godly displays of frustrated might (and lots of effects) Supes dominates and overwhelms Batman.
Just as Supes is about to crush a bat like an ant ... he has some epiphany and, in an act of mercy, spares (or saves) Batman's life.
Then the bromantic duo go after baddies together...

Last edited:
Possible heavy Batman vs Superman spoilers: Leaked Plot Details

Source: http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/08...ils-2179904?lt_source=external,manual#!bB72NE

1) The basic plot structure is exactly like The Dark Knight Returns (TDKR)

2) Superman will be a government tool just like in the TDKR. But here he is working for the government & Luthor to atone for all the destruction that happened in Man of Steel.

3) Superman feels immense guilt over the events of Man of Steel and the movie deals with him trying to make up for it in any way possible. This film will be kind of part 2 of his origin story.

4) Batman is a secluded figure. Robin did die at some point during Bruce's career causing him to hang up the cape. Bruce Wayne's age will be around late 40's to early 50's in this film. We don't get much of his back story in this film.

5) Alfred and Bruce have very few scenes and just like TDKR he dissuades him from fighting Superman

6) Jim Gordon is in this film. Bruce Wayne and Gordon have a dinner scene just like in TDKR

7) Wonder Woman comes to Metropolis after the events of Man of Steel because she feels Superman could be one of the lost Gods of her people. She doesn't get too many action scenes but she is involved in the final fight in some capacity.There is a thread which can further lead to 4th world, Darkseid etc.

8) Aquaman is in this movie. Arthur Curry is a marine biologist that Superman encounters sometime during the film.

9) Hal Jordan is name dropped in this movie by Amanda Waller who will be working with Mercy Graves and Lex Luthor

10) Lex Luthor will be a young guy in this film. He will lose his hair due to cancer. He will be manipulating Superman. Kryptonite is in this movie

11) Batman vs Superman fight will be the climax of this film and not in the middle as some fans were hoping. Batman beats Superman. Superman holds back in the fight because he knows Batman is correct ideologically

12) Batman teaches Superman that being a government stooge is wrong. Pa Kent's quote is used "You have to decide what kinda man you wanna be" by either one of them at some point of the fight. Superman wants to lose this fight so that the government thinks Superman can be beaten and that he is not an unbeatable God

13) Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman will be the main characters in this film and after Batman vs Superman fight they team up to form the Justice League.

So it's basically what I just posted.
While there's nothing wrong with that plot it's a fairly predictable and uninspired treatment.
I really hope they bring more to the table than that plot dressed in FX.

If that's true, the leaked plot sucks - I was always the opinion that the Animated writers should tackle on Superman or Justice League.

thats what i been saying for ages. bruce timm and his crew would be perfect. And while it seems like a good plot it also is just a copy of miller's storyline. still my most anticipated movie so far but it will def need more then that plot lol

Agreed, but does anyone listen to us? Nooo…

thats what i been saying for ages. bruce timm and his crew would be perfect. And while it seems like a good plot it also is just a copy of miller's storyline. still my most anticipated movie so far but it will def need more then that plot lol

That leaked plot sounds shady to me, it's already been confirmed that Affleck is NOT in his 50's but mid 40's, and by the set pictures alone he doesn't look as old as Miller's TDKR Bruce at all. Not only that but MOS ends on Kal destroying a military drone and clearly stating he's friendly but they have no control over him... That would then be a pretty hard turn for him to become a government puppet.

Sounds to me like a fan of TDKReturns praying it comes to the big screen to me. Anyone could have taken the plot line of the comic, tweaked a few things and say "This is what it's going to be!" I am doubting it. I still stand by my prediction that MOS and BvS are going to overlap for a scene with Bruce being in Metropolis during the events of MOS. Giving him a reason to hate him.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back