Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

why would one and how does one fly into the engine of a crashed command ship and not risk finding a dead end and smashing? how do you know there is an escape and you can fly out the other side? Galaxy Far, Far Away GPS? :D

The Falcon flew into the engine bell, but the other footage we see from further into the chase, they're flying alongside the massive cylinder of the engine, in a gap between it and its mountings in the ship's infrastructure. There's probably a hole somewhere...

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
This behind the scene shot is the opposite side of this scene and JJ is directing probably Mark Hamill to put his hand onto R2's dome. could be an early take and they changed camera point of view for final take...

View attachment 465937

View attachment 465926

I wholeheartedly disagree. When you play with the brightness, the environment looks much more like a cave and nothing like a planet's exposed surface.

cave.jpg

Also this is hardly related, but look at how the robe is worn: there are no sleeves like the traditional jedi/sith robe, and the hood closes right at the neck.

742146_140612174400_Luke_SKywalker_Jabbas_Palace_-_WorldofCollectibles.jpg

This whole "Luke said HAS" thing is a joke.lol I can't believe how many people are trying to read into that......

Like when everyone here firmly BELIEVED Obi Wan had Qui Gon's lightsaber on his belt in Ep2, even though he clearly did NOT. There were people actually pointing out DETAILS!lol

Or when Yoda says "By my own counsel will I teach" in ESB.....everyone started trying to say he was saying it was HIS council in the prequels. Guys, he said counSEL, not counCIL.

Sooooo many people want to try and read into things, it's funny. Fanboys in particular. In the end, it's just a movie, but I can almost guarantee.......the whole point of that line in the trailer, was to have Luke quote it verbatim. Period. It would simply have lost its weight otherwise..... That's ALL. Chances are, it's not even a line in the movie!lol Just in the trailer, to set up the mood.........

Interesting that you use the word joke. That use capitalize Believed. That you focus on Yoda's "own counsel". Your own counsel you must rely on you must be saying.

What meaning do you truly mean?

Does Luke have Qui Gon's saber in Ep7? Is that what you mean by Obi was thought to have it???????????????????????? I will look into your post further for meaning.

It's early but I think that's funny:lol:cheers

why would one and how does one fly into the engine of a crashed command ship and not risk finding a dead end and smashing? how do you know there is an escape and you can fly out the other side? Galaxy Far, Far Away GPS? :D

View attachment 465967

This is the Super Star Destroyer E! This gigantic cruiser has all the space you need to cruise around! This sucker is so huge, LucasArts made two games where you get to fly around on the inside!

- Rebel Assault 2
Despite the title, you are in a Super Star Destroyer

- Star Wars 32x
This game had a mission where you fly into the Super Star Destroyer to destroy the main engine! You speak of GPS? This game not only had a directional map, but a visual route to the final destination! (@15:54) For a game that was released in 1993, they had GPS routes inside a Super Star Destroyer before GPS was even a thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what's so confusing. I mean, it's clearly the same filming area; and the trailer seems to show them in a cave.

I wonder why they felt the need to add a cave and not film in an actual one.

Lighting... cramped quarters... did the same thing for the deleted Luke building lightsaber in cave scene for RotJ.... only that scene was done on a controlled lit stage. just add movie magic cave entrance and surroundings later. You need room for camera, director and all the other staff you see standing around... JJ did say there will be plenty of CGI

Lighting... cramped quarters... did the same thing for the deleted Luke building lightsaber in cave scene for RotJ.... only that scene was done on a controlled lit stage. just add movie magic cave entrance and surroundings later. You need room for camera, director and all the other staff you see standing around... JJ did say there will be plenty of CGI

Personally, I'm assuming that the day time picture shown during celebration was just a rehearsal session prior to the assembly of the partial cave/CGI cave seen in the trailer.

I wholeheartedly disagree. When you play with the brightness, the environment looks much more like a cave and nothing like a planet's exposed surface.

View attachment 465991

If you shot a scene at the bottom of the grand canyon at the same angle as this shot, you would probably think it was a cave too. It's entirely possible that it is a cave in the movie, or it could also be at the bottom of a canyon, or on the surface by a rock formation. There's really no definitive conclusion that can be drawn from that pic, enhanced or otherwise.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back