Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

This is what I had read about Andy Serkis' character.

• Andy Serkis’ character basically looks like an old man, zombie like, almost risen from the dead.

• He is being referred to as “Uber”, similarly to how Ridley is being called Kira and Nyong’o is being called Rose.

• “Uber” has communication with Adam Driver’s Sith character, and a character played by Domhnall Gleeson. Serkis potentially is the Master pulling the strings from behind the scenes.

• All three characters are part of the new “Empire” which Gwendoline Christie’s character is also a part of. She is confirmed to be playing a Chrome Trooper.

• All three characters are part of the new “Empire” which Gwendoline Christie’s character is also a part of. She is confirmed to be playing a Chrome Trooper.
Nothing is "confirmed" until it comes directly from Disney/Lucasfilm or we see it in one of the trailers or the movie itself. Which means all that is confirmed is the cast list, a couple of character names, the desert planet is not in fact Tatooine but a new planet named Jakku, and that Boyega's character does a lot of running, apparently.

Nothing is "confirmed" until it comes directly from Disney/Lucasfilm or we see it in one of the trailers or the movie itself. Which means all that is confirmed is the cast list, a couple of character names, the desert planet is not in fact Tatooine but a new planet named Jakku, and that Boyega's character does a lot of running, apparently.

Well, that's true albeit a bit pedantic. The evidence out from sources that have proved to be accurate have indicated this is the case.

Even the most accurate rumor sites can be wrong. All I'm saying is I think it's wrongheaded to assume everything that comes from "reputable sources" must be true because they've gotten things right in the past. Besides, misinformation is purposely spread by studios nowadays to throw off the sniffers. That could very well be the case here too.

The problem is that there are just so many rumors, it's hard to figure out which are "popular" or not. There's just so much nonsense with a lot of these spoilers, it's really unfair to say any one thing is true until the movie is shown -- even the spoilers about the trailer from "popular" spoiler sites proved to be more miss than hit.

Yes, quite a few rumors seem to be confirmed... but, we've still got a long way to go.

The problem is that there are just so many rumors, it's hard to figure out which are "popular" or not. There's just so much nonsense with a lot of these spoilers, it's really unfair to say any one thing is true until the movie is shown -- even the spoilers about the trailer from "popular" spoiler sites proved to be more miss than hit.

Yes, quite a few rumors seem to be confirmed... but, we've still got a long way to go.

Making Star Wars.net has been the least pump and dump and the most accurate and they have these characters pretty well nailed as well as story elements shown in both teasers.

Making Star Wars.net has been the least pump and dump and the most accurate and they have these characters pretty well nailed as well as story elements shown in both teasers.
Actually, MSW - especially their Editor-in-Chief - has a pretty bad reputation among quite a few (his "rage quit" on the TF.net is just silly) and has been taking petty shots at other reputable sites. There's been some saying he's just a clickbait artist and there are those on some forums (like Star Wars Leaks on Reddit who just seem to hate the guy). MSW was off on the trailer - but, they did have quite a bit correct - but, let's not forget that MSW also claimed that the trailer would end with a voice saying "Wake up."

In all honestly, the site has been the consistent source of rumored spoilers - but, there's plenty of other sites with the same info.

All we have are rumors... and so many of those rumors changed in just a very little amount of time, too.

Actually, MSW - especially their Editor-in-Chief - has a pretty bad reputation among quite a few (his "rage quit" on the TF.net is just silly) and has been taking petty shots at other reputable sites. There's been some saying he's just a clickbait artist and there are those on some forums (like Star Wars Leaks on Reddit who just seem to hate the guy). MSW was off on the trailer - but, they did have quite a bit correct - but, let's not forget that MSW also claimed that the trailer would end with a voice saying "Wake up."

In all honestly, the site has been the consistent source of rumored spoilers - but, there's plenty of other sites with the same info.

All we have are rumors... and so many of those rumors changed in just a very little amount of time, too.

Yeah, Jason is how own worst enemy, but he's right about 80% of the time when he really puts a seal to it. I listen to their podcast. He's arrogant and argumentative often but clearly some of the best sources. And to his credit, he was skeptical the sand planet was Tatooine, his sources said it wasn't, he also doesn't think Rey is a Solo but Driver might be. And Driver does kill Han supposedly. He even got the bloody hand print of Fin's helmet months ago now confirmed. And they got all that art work before anyone else that proved to be legit. I could go on, but it's impressive what thy got right so far.

Last edited:
Bryancd... I'm gonna post this here rather than risk getting spoilers all over the Star Wars Costume & Prop section. I've at least skimmed most of the links over the course of this thread, and I don't really feel like digging back through on the chance I missed something. So I want to ask if you know or have seen anything that speaks to this. So far, from what's come out at Celebration and in the new teaser, the costume concepts and concept art have been pretty dang close to the actual realized ships and costumes and props. So. This is the "chrometrooper" from the new teaser, seen a bit before in the publicity posters:

star-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-02_642.0.jpg

tumblr_nmx11fNiYz1qbnosso1_1280_zpsbjfgfp8e.png

But this is what I saw earlier on (with and without cowl):

wpid-received_m_mid_1411580290416_f635063bade6d3b558_0_zpslyalue3a.jpg

wpid-chrome_trooper_ir21-600x519_zps4tj9wip7.jpg

I can't help but think we haven't actually seen this latter character -- physically -- yet. That the chrometrooper from the second teaser is some kind of associate or subordinate to this one. And that this is the one played by Gwendoline Christie. How far off am I?

--Jonah

Attachments

• star-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-02_642.0.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 49
    117.4 KB · Views: 39
    117.4 KB · Views: 39
  • tumblr_nmx11fNiYz1qbnosso1_1280_zpsbjfgfp8e.png
    324.1 KB · Views: 48
  • wpid-received_m_mid_1411580290416_f635063bade6d3b558_0_zpslyalue3a.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 37
  • wpid-chrome_trooper_ir21-600x519_zps4tj9wip7.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 45
    324.1 KB · Views: 44
    96 KB · Views: 43
    324.1 KB · Views: 47
    96 KB · Views: 39
    184.5 KB · Views: 43
    184.5 KB · Views: 51
    117.4 KB · Views: 40
    324.1 KB · Views: 44
    96 KB · Views: 38
    184.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
@Bryancd... I'm gonna post this here rather than risk getting spoilers all over the Star Wars Costume & Prop section. I've at least skimmed most of the links over the course of this thread, and I don't really feel like digging back through on the chance I missed something. So I want to ask if you know or have seen anything that speaks to this. So far, from what's come out at Celebration and in the new teaser, the costume concepts and concept art have been pretty dang close to the actual realized ships and costumes and props. So. This is the "chrometrooper" from the new teaser, seen a bit before in the publicity posters:

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Cq...ar-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-02_642.0.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...mblr_nmx11fNiYz1qbnosso1_1280_zpsbjfgfp8e.png

But this is what I saw earlier on (with and without cowl):

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...0290416_f635063bade6d3b558_0_zpslyalue3a.jpeg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...d-chrome_trooper_ir21-600x519_zps4tj9wip7.jpg

I can't help but think we haven't actually seen this latter character -- physically -- yet. That the chrometrooper from the second teaser is some kind of associate or subordinate to this one. And that this is the one played by Gwendoline Christie. How far off am I?
https://www.facebook.com/bryancdunn/posts/10204087778297107
--Jonah

No, that's concept art for the same character, Captain Phasma played by Gwendolyne Christie.

Hm. Damn. They got so close with the other concept art, I was hoping. The chrometrooper we see in the teaser is pretty sweet, but I want more of the concept. I think I'm still going to make that version. *heh* I see a lot of the incinerator trooper helmet shapes in there, with the streamlined "chin" of the teaser chrometrooper...

--Jonah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back