ANH Death Star Turret Builder's Guide

Awesome work. Are you going to drybrush it to bring out the detail or since the Death Star in both films where it appeared (yes, DS1 and DS2) had very low mileage, are you going to leave it clean?

I was also wondering if you knew if the original prop had mechanics similar to what you are putting in, or where they moved by hand...including the recoil?

TazMan2000

Yep, 3phase, at that speed the crew inside the turret have to be secured properly on their seat (I was thinking with, at least, a 4 point seatbelt and no food beforehand :D).

Almost there. Stay on target. Look at the size of that thing. Oona toota, Solo? you get the idea.

11076179_10153246266383156_4122643023922345104_n.jpg

Oh my God~~~~~~~ :thumbsup

Jason,

Can you tell me what paint used for this great model?
I want to follow your painting scheme.

Thanks,
Eric.

Sure! Tamiya primer, Tamiya acrylics mixed to "look good"... I used flat white, flat black, and German Grey for the darker Grey (lightened a little with white)... and the weathering is with powdered pigments, and airbrushing...

Boom! I just love how much incredibly cool stuff from the first Star Wars film is happening here this year.

Must be some kind of Studio-Scale Renaissance...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back