ANH Death Star Turret Builder's Guide

I give the lions share of the credit to Wasili, Salzo, Eric, and Tshopika. They did the heavy lifting on IDs and dims. Master Minto surprised me with a killer ID by presenting the part on top of a pile of french fries at In-n-Out in LA last year. That man has an awesome sense of humor.

There will be two groups of castings that Mike is going to run for my needs, and I have grouped them to help any one else that wants parts castings.

The red box has the latest IDs on the turret included - along with some redundancies.

The green box has some stuff X-Wing and y-wing people might like to have, along with some stuff I liked the shape of for my turret extension.

parts.jpg

Go here if you wanna get some: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251895&p=3840419#post3840419

Awesome!
Hey are you going to build this perchance? It seems to follow Turbo Laser Towers around like a lost puppy.Tanker towers.jpg

I was almost done and Jason and DaveG put a bug in my head and so today added a little to the bottom.
In truth the base felt too small, it's screen good so there's that, but all the ones where you can see the whole tower are bigger.
I'll add the panels next.

12366722_10153874043323530_2099372400_n.jpg

Was away for the holidays, so no progress. But I finally managed to finish the panels on the weekend.
Hand cutting then was a real pain, but I'm glad I did it, and now it's onto the fun stuff (adding the details)
12584194_10153958301053530_1740968023_n.jpg12575845_10153958302983530_358435343_n.jpg12571267_10153958303058530_1716082780_n.jpg

Forgive me for jumping in here but, doesn't the Laser Turret use the engines from the Revell 1/32 Mig and not the Revell Phantom? Your parts shot has the Phantom engines.

-emojo5

Yeah I need the Phantom engines for something else/the tower extension (trench details)... the mig engines are in the main kit so everyone should have them by now :)

Forgive me for jumping in here but, doesn't the Laser Turret use the engines from the Revell 1/32 Mig and not the Revell Phantom? Your parts shot has the Phantom engines.

-emojo5

As soon as the arrive yep. The green parts are what you need on the turret to put "back"most of what is missing from the model now, or to replace the part I scratch built but then was IDed. Everything else is extra bits/duplicates, or parts for the Death Star silos, Gold Leader Y-Wing, small Blockade Runner. Just extra rare and expensive greeblies that I plan to use on the Turret extension, and the models I just mentioned.... I figured extra parts would be good in case you have a few mis-cast or want to add to other stuff, and we needed a few more parts to make the mold worth making.

turret.jpg

It would be great to see where some of those parts go too. A lot of the smaller parts there I have no idea where they go since they aren't exactly on a parts map. Would you be able to help us out?

- - - Updated - - -

And as luck would have it, the green set has the damn sink from the Sealab, which we NOW know is on the turret gun! LOL

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back