New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

I'm screwed, somebody signed for my kit and made off with it. It would be nice if Canada Post at least ask for I
D before letting anybody sign for it. I'm so pissed.

Update: My next door neighbor signed for it and held onto it. Very relieved, now I can get to modeling.

Last edited:
Anyone with lighting experience able to comment on this listing:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lighting-Kit...247962?hash=item4b0f5c339a:g:wrIAAOSwjDZYZnaE
The cost I'm seeing for fiber online is fairly steep, so I'm not sure if this is a reasonable deal or not.

I think its a tad overpriced. I went with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270307059091?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Has more fiber optic that can be used for more projects, has the light source and basic switch.

I'm screwed, somebody signed for my kit and made off with it. It would be nice if Canada Post at least ask for I
D before letting anybody sign for it. I'm so pissed.
Oh, mother ****ER. They are SUPPOSED to! You know, it's this high level of quality service that the union has been telling us we'll lose if everyone goes to a super box. Jeeze, I hope they'll at least reimburse you when you show them the signature isn't a match, because that's obviously complete BS.

Oh, mother ****ER. They are SUPPOSED to! You know, it's this high level of quality service that the union has been telling us we'll lose if everyone goes to a super box. Jeeze, I hope they'll at least reimburse you when you show them the signature isn't a match, because that's obviously complete BS.

Update: My next door neighbor signed for it and held onto it. Very relieved, now I can get to modeling.

The first kit listed is a joke, way over priced. You can get 50 of those pre wired LEDs for $5 on eBay. Dedicated kit with no instructions? Its just a hand full of parts you can get cheaper by buying them yourself. The other kit only has one LED.

This is my first time working with fiber optics. Is one LED light enough to light this kit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That depends on how much lights/fibers you use, and the way you do that.

I know guys who put hundreds of fibers from one end of the model to the other end and have one central light soource, and others that use more and decentralized lights with much shorter fibers - doing the distribution with a few cables.

Whatever you like and can do.

First Devastator guns are casted! Waiting for other details. 2017-01-07 20.14.30.jpg

by the way I'm going to order next run of Zvezda's kits, does anybody need one? 4 destroyers are already shipped to USA and Spain

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back