New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

ok guys. Still playing with some 3D models while waiting for my SD to come in. I've scaled this down to the size it needs to be and at that size the columns are in my opinion a little too bulky. In the pics I've seen, they appear to be small profile I-beams. I've made them the smallest they can be so I think I may print the dome without the columns and "antennae" and just use plastic I-beams and rod that's closer to scale. What do you guys think? You agree the one with the columns look too bulky? Keep in mind these are low resolution images. Any input would be appreciated.

unnamed%202_zpsnspicw1p.png

unnamed%201_zpsqs5x7vo3.png

Bill

ok guys. Still playing with some 3D models while waiting for my SD to come in. I've scaled this down to the size it needs to be and at that size the columns are in my opinion a little too bulky. In the pics I've seen, they appear to be small profile I-beams. I've made them the smallest they can be so I think I may print the dome without the columns and "antennae" and just use plastic I-beams and rod that's closer to scale. What do you guys think? You agree the one with the columns look too bulky? Keep in mind these are low resolution images. Any input would be appreciated.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/niart17/unnamed 2_zpsnspicw1p.png

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/niart17/unnamed 1_zpsqs5x7vo3.png

Bill

Although they may be a little bigger than scale, I think their benefit of their inclusion outweighs the pain it would be to replace them at scale by hand.

SheildGenerator.jpg

As the above photo shows, the kits base for the shield generator is all wrong. Perhaps an option could be available to print an accurate base along with the generator.

Just got mine in So. Cal... Mushed and slightly damp, but all the parts are there and the wait is finally over! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got mine yesterday--my tracking info had just said "inbound into customs" and I got it I think less than 24 hours later--arrived in like a burlap sack!

Man, those Russians sure do love their pillow cases :lol Posting a "ME TOO!!!!!" - arrived suddenly this morning, despite tracking still saying it was being processed in Richmond, BC, the box a little worse for wear, but contents, despite being rummaged through by Canada Post, intact. Spent the morning grinning like an idiot...before remembering that the only hobby shop in town just closed down and I don't even have decent cement to get started!!!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!!! Is there a hardware-store product that will suffice for a decent adhesive? ABS adhesive? Acetone? Butanone?

Last edited:
Certain hardware stores found in other areas than mine apparently - 3 hardware and home building stores and nothing. Looks like laquer thinner is the closest I'm going to come. :unsure

To whom who received their kit, are you happy with your eBay seller and if yes, which one did you pick? I'm ready to order mine, I have multiple sellers at almost the same price, but from what I've seen, some of your sellers didn't really protected the box.
BTW, I'm still progressing on my 3D printed Avenger, currently printing the hull shield generators and turbolasers :)

To whom who received their kit, are you happy with your eBay seller and if yes, which one did you pick? I'm ready to order mine, I have multiple sellers at almost the same price, but from what I've seen, some of your sellers didn't really protected the box.
BTW, I'm still progressing on my 3D printed Avenger, currently printing the hull shield generators and turbolasers :)

Bentleystanislav – shipped fast, in original package (plus a standard issue Russian shipping pillow! :lol), with tracking. Ideally won't have to go quite so international again (just because of the wrangling at Russia Post and Canada Post's ends) but very happy with the transaction.

Bentleystanislav – shipped fast, in original package (plus a standard issue Russian shipping pillow! :lol), with tracking. Ideally won't have to go quite so international again (just because of the wrangling at Russia Post and Canada Post's ends) but very happy with the transaction.
Did yours say it left Russia or did the tracking show it just arrived in customs in B.C.? I keep putting off contacting the Russian post but Im sure I should soonish.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back