New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

Playing a little with some 3D work. Depending on the size of the domes and the how much detail could be printed in that size, these may or may not be feasible. But it's fun. I have some of the basic shapes correct but much of this is based*on incomplete information. And some of it is simplified til I find out how detailed it can be. What you guys think so far?

dome%20capture_zpsh0oyz0b2.jpg

Bill

Last edited:
Below is an image of the 1/2700 Blockade Runner in scale with the Imperial Cruiser. Those are a couple of other items I was working on when I ordered it from Shapeways. It really came out quite nice.

IMG_3256.jpg

I also have a Millenium Falcon in scale with the Zvezda kit:
falcon.png

I also designed a new set of Shield Generators:
gens.png

They can all be found at: my Shapeways shop.

Playing a little with some 3D work. Depending on the size of the domes and the how much detail could be printed in that size, these may or may not be feasible. But it's fun. I have some of the basic shapes correct but much of this is based*on incomplete information. And some of it is simplified til I find out how detailed it can be. What you guys think so far?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/niart17/dome capture_zpsh0oyz0b2.jpg

Bill

Bill, Nice design! It's nice to see you over here.

Mike.

Thanks Mike. Good to be here. I've posted a little here and there but don't have much work that compares to the great builders here.

I imagine most of the details I'm adding to this thing will be too fine for the size it needs to be for this model, but I don't know what size they are yet. So just figured I'd add what I could and simplify as needed when I get it to scale.

dome_zps25hl27ux.png

Bill

Thanks Robiwon. I'll scale it to that and work that out. If it's confirmed I can see what can or can not print cleanly. Thanks again!

Bill

Good deal. Thank you guys for checking that. It's a minimal difference but perhaps will make some of the detailing more printable.

Bill

Anybody here buy from Bentley Stanizlav via evilbay toward the end of December? If so, is your SD sitting in MOSKVA PI-30, RUSSIAN FEDERATION still? I'm beginning to get concerned the package is lost in ze shuffle. the holidays have been over for a bit now and I would have expected some movement. I have no experience with Russian post, but have gotten things from both Japan and China within days so not sure what to do. Perhaps start the search process available via their postal site. Anyvon here speak Russian?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody here buy from Bentley Stanizlav via evilbay toward the end of December? If so, is your SD sitting in MOSKVA PI-30, RUSSIAN FEDERATION still? I'm beginning to get concerned the package is lost in ze shuffle. the holidays have been over for a bit now and I would have expected some movement. I have no experience with Russian post, but have gotten things from both Japan and China within days so not sure what to do. Perhaps start the search process available via their postal site. Anyvon here speak Russian?
Don't have any experience with ordering from Russia, but the shipping from Japan and China can be ridiculously fast. I wouldn't worry (yet) if I were you, I live in Europe and orders from the US often tend to take 3-4 weeks for me, so I'd imagine it's the same the other way around.

Anybody here buy from Bentley Stanizlav via evilbay toward the end of December? If so, is your SD si

I ordered from Bentley on 01-05 and got a shipped notice on 01-06. Unfortunately, it was standard shipping, not expidited, so I don't have tracking:( Mine is due to arrive between Feb 6th and Feb 26th. Hopefully it won't be that long.

Robert

I didn't buy from that particular seller, but I ordered from Russia on Dec. 27. I was informed later, and confirmed it with my seller, that Russia takes a state holiday for New Years that last until Jan. 8th. So most everything ceased operation until yesterday. I hope to have my shipping notification soon.

Bill

by the way I'm going to order next run of Zvezda's kits, does anybody need one? 4 destroyers are already shipped to USA and Spain

I may be interested. How much are they with US shipping? (sorry if this is already answered)

I did. Tracking is telling me it's still awaiting departure from Russia even as my Zvezda sits beside me on my desk in all its glory. Took about three weeks to get down to me in Aus. Has the tracking said if its arrived at Russian customs yet?

I bought mine from Mr. Stanizlav. It shipped on December 17 and arrived at ISC New York on January 5. It's been in customs since. USPS states that a package can remain in customs up to 30 days before it must be released. They can either decide to let it go to it's destination or ship it back. Hopefully, customs wont keep it for too much longer.

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back