Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

"Scott revealed he had plans for an additional three Alien films beyond Alien: Covenant and noted the sequel to Covenant is being written now."

Ugh... Let NB do his and movie so we get so see Weaver and Biehn kick som ass again.

We have a saying in Sweden I feel is appropriate for Mr Scott and his sequels: far åt skogen
:lol

Weaver and Biehn won't be around forever so yeah, bring back Ripley and Hicks(and Newt!) for a real sequel to Aliens :(

Cool cover for the Making Of book.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.JPG
    IMG_4650.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 87
I'm a little confused - hadn't the facehugger eggs discovered in Alien been on LV-426 for 1000s of years... Not sure about the time difference...

You may be right - be interesting to see how they explain it. Not sure how much time between the events of Covenant and Alien...

I wouldn't put it past Scott to de-canonize Aliens before he is done.

Personally, I kind of hope he does!

The queen & hive thing was all JC's & not how things were originally intended. Don't get me wrong, I love Aliens but I've never really seen it as right in relation to the original.

I'm really looking forward to this movie & its sequels!

Personally, I kind of hope he does!

The queen & hive thing was all JC's & not how things were originally intended. Don't get me wrong, I love Aliens but I've never really seen it as right in relation to the original.

I'm really looking forward to this movie & its sequels!

GHAAAA! Them's fightin' werdz!!!

; )

Aliens is not a burger. It's an entirely different kind of film than Alien. Alien is a horror film. Aliens is a war film. It's the difference between The Exorcist and Platoon. Not the difference between a steak and a burger. Aliens is very much a quality film. There will be no ill speak of Aliens! :)

Aliens is not a burger. It's an entirely different kind of film than Alien. Alien is a horror film. Aliens is a war film. It's the difference between The Exorcist and Platoon. Not the difference between a steak and a burger. Aliens is very much a quality film. There will be no ill speak of Aliens! :)

I agree! but I don't have any problem with it being de-canonized

Alien is steak, Aliens is a burger

Alien still holds up,.....Aliens is a cheesy 80's movie

I'm not saying its bad,....I love cheesy movies & burgers,....but it's not the same quality

J

I rather think the opposite. Alien has a lot of great camerawork- some of it is still very beautiful, but there are a lot of dodgy FX-shots in there that ruin it. The chestburster scene is (sorry to say) comedic today, the sound it makes... the stiff way it looks around... and the hilarious way it zooms off the table. The scare-shot of when the Alien gets Dallas is just... dumb, with the floppy fingers going "Tah Dah!". Then there's stiff shot of the alien "floating" forward like it's on a skateboard. Or things like when Ash goes nuts, where it also becomes comical. (And lets not talk about the cheap panty-shots of Ripley.) It was groundbreaking at the time and much of it still holds up, but much of it doesn't either. (Apologies if that's tantamount to blasphemy.)

Aliens on the other hand is structurally, a masterclass in movie-making in spite of the occasional 80's schlock and dodgy FX shot (I'm looking at you Dropship landing). Aliens gets away with a couple helpings of cheese because it has humor and is kind of self-aware. (It's actually one of the few 80's movies where the cheese factor doesn't kill it.)

Alien got the ball rolling, there's no taking away from that, but the sequel is the one that made the series what it is and should be credited for creating one of the best female characters in movie history. (Ripley had little personality in the first one.) I will never get tired of watching Cameron's film, but have little incentive to watch the first too often. Scott is a Visual Master, but he's poor at creating "character" and humor. I know I've written this before but I still can't really recall a character in one of Scott's films that I really care about, with maybe the exception of some in Blade Runner. Cameron, on the other hand, is (or at least was pre-Avatar) just a Master, full-stop.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back