lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

Also I've decided to do all four jackets now INCLUDING stars! Marko is 100% complete. Paul and David are ALMOST done and I just received the exact base jacket for Dwayne ! As well as necklace ! One would think it's your standard motorcycle jacket, but you'd be WRONG! Stars is made from scratch! Will post progress tonight

completed Marko! now with original red lady on the front and collar trim. some of the patches have been updated to vintage originals as well.

Dwayne! Just acquired the original jacket used as Dwayne's base jacket. you would think at a quick glance, its a standard style motorcycle jacket but that would be incorrect. those jackets are fairly snug in the arm area, and its clear when he comes around the merry go round, there's a lot of room in his arm/shoulder area.

another thing was the "bat wing" across the back shoulders... not typical on these style jackets. then when i saw these rivets at the zippered pockets...

i remember this jacket i saw on etsy that had the same rivets! turned out to be same jacket and EXACTLY my size!

and my progress on Dwayne's necklace. just an animal tooth and small bolt left.

Paul. 95% complete! just need two small brooches.

David. exact same overcoat as used in film. leather undercoat is a 70 year old brown horsehide jacket i was using for my snake plissken costume. it worked perfect when i tried it out on this, so i dyed it black and wore the edges to a lighter color. i have the mismatched buttons just haven't put them on yet. still trying to track down the heraldic pendant.

ENJOY!!!

OHHHH ****! I FORGOT STAR, lol

constructed completely from scratch! fully lined as well. my original plan was to use gold oil fine point sharpies to draw all the details on, but i'm now in the process of gluing on antique gold rattail cord, which is TEDIOUS and time consuming, but i feel with yield the best end result

Updated Snake Lady & collar. Had to almost take the whole front apart, which was a pain in the arse. (The selfie was harder than it should have been too! LoL)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406344847127.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406344847127.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,017
Wow you've been busy bdude, can't believe you found Dwaynes jacket! I'm currently putting together Pauls costume for an event here called the Bloodlust Ball (while I still search for the tapestries). I've purchased most of the items and found some great gaiters that match his quite well, but those drop coins, could you tell me where those are from? I was going to try and tool my own from blank discs. Cheers.

Wow you've been busy bdude, can't believe you found Dwaynes jacket! I'm currently putting together Pauls costume for an event here called the Bloodlust Ball (while I still search for the tapestries). I've purchased most of the items and found some great gaiters that match his quite well, but those drop coins, could you tell me where those are from? I was going to try and tool my own from blank discs. Cheers.

The Drop Coins on the front of Paul's jacket appear to be a belt of some kind. The large Medallion at the bottom looks like a buckle.

It's actually a concho belt from 70s ish. I HATE looking at pics from before I got that belt, when I made it by linking coin drops together.... Just GROSS!

Lmao bdude, I know that feeling. Youre SO happy with something till you get the parts to do it right, then it bugs you to look at it the way you had it to start with.

Cheers guys, I managed to find some and bought one in copper. Now for those brooches!
Really looking forward to seeing how your Dwayne Jacket turns out!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back