lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

found me an original vtg one from the motherland!!! Sent jacket off to get airbrushed. Should have back and dirtied up by the weekend! SOOOOOOO NERVOUS! Only thing I've needed someone ELSE to do, lol

$_12 (1).JPG$_12.JPG

Here are the converse chuck T's that I found for the outfit. Goes very well with the jeans. Still in search of a jacket the one I had didn't fit right and it was a bit off from the movies original. I'll post more pics as I progress.

Great progress Bdude. I really like that vintage flag. I picked up a new one on eBay it was a bargain and looks pretty good. What type of jeans did you use? I used some wrangler straight legs. They look close to the movies jeans, did the distressing myself tho they are not 100% finished. So stoked to see the final results.

I always knew that he had some sort of red fabric hanging off the back, but I never realized that it was a U.S.S.R flag. Looks great so far!

alysterdark_dwayne_wall3.jpg

Found this photo surfing around and I noticed something I've never seen before.
If you zoom into the pic and get a good look at Dwaynes left hand you will notice a skull patch at the bottom of his hand. I have no idea what this is a part of. Anybody know?

Wow, your attention to detail on this is inspiring!

Wearing the spats backwards looks pretty cool actually, adds silhouette and keeps that frayed look going.

Hello, I didn't end up with pictures from that previous Saturday. I've started a Paul 2.0 overhaul which should be done by mid-late October in time for a Halloween party in Melbourne. I bought another morning coat (mine was far too wide in the shoulders, I looked like a robot) and I also found some good vintage football pants to replace the equestrian pants...which I ended up spilling red wine over, woops. :facepalm

I also need to re-do the hanging belt part and find some proper boots, then it should be about as good as I can get it.
I still don't know what the black shin things are, but when he falls into the bathtub they're a bit loose and just look like a piece of leather wrapped around his shins, held on with the cord/string.
Oh and here's a pic of his earring. Couldn't find the exact skull but....close enough. :D
pauls-earing_zpsf382d7fc.jpg

DSC_0396_zps1e5b43c0.jpg

Looks like you have the same dagger we used for our earring last Halloween. Can't find a curved blade for nothing, lol.
Haha yeah...not exact but I'm happy enough with the dagger, might replace the wire with a kidney ear wire though.

I can't find anything that closely resembles the spike bracelets he's wearing either, surprisingly.
rare-photos-the-lost-boys-movie-733550_270_340_zps3de8405e.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! I am starting a Paul costume.Do you have any pointers on what to get and or where to buy?Any help would be appreciated!Thanks so much!

Also Bdude... I would like some Paul Brooches if your selling!

Like I said any help would be highly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hey Lordwast, the morning coat, vintage football pants, and German gaiters/spats can all be found on EBay. You'll need some brass jump rings to make make the persian 3 in 1 chain on his coat, I used 10 x 1.5 mm rings.

The vintage concho belt can be found anywhere really, etsy and eBay are your best bets. I got mine from etsy. I recently bought another oneon etsy with Paul's exact design. They mostly come in silvertone.
I bought my fishnet shirt from eBay, surprisingly hard to find elsewhere.

Pick up some small brass coloured curb chain too. For the brooches.

Search etsy for his 'eye ring'. You should find something similar, mine came from China. I used a brass cuff blank for his right hand bracelet and patina'd it with boiled eggs. (same with the chain). He also wears a bike Chain bracelet and what looks like leather lacing on his wrist. Left wrist is hard as there's no solid references.

I bought some equestrian half chaps for his shins although I dont know what they really are. Boots, well I'm still trying to find some decent used ones.

The leather pieces on the coat I took from a women's leatherjacket I bought from eBay. Try to find a jacket or two that match the pieces on his coat.
I made my fetish belt from an old leather belt and 1" O rings. Refer to Bdudes post earlier. Note, The strap hanging down uses slightly larger rings.
Last thing is the vintage red and blue stripe suspenders, they're not obvious, but they're there.

I'm still in the process of redoing my costume, when it's done I promise I'll post photos. Otherwise I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Jordy!
I found the morning coat in a local theater shop, and I think fits me well! I don't know if they will work or not but I also bought the football pants, shirt, and earring from ebay.

I still am having a hard time finding a concho belt however! If you see a good one would you pm me? I think this and the brooches are going to drive me the most crazy! lol
Also, is it possible to buy the chains like he has on the jacket instead of making them?
I have never really worked with leather to much either... I think I will be able to do what needs done to the coat, BUT I am not sure I will be able to make a good looking belt. Any suggestions?
I am having a hard time telling much about the boots... are they black?
I thought about buying some pleather and trying to make some sort of wraps for my shins, but I like the half chaps idea if I can find some suitable ones.

Thanks for the help so far... I look forward to further advice and suggestions!

Ive seen some persian 4 in 1 chains on etsy which would be passable, no 3 in 1's though, at least not in brass. You'd be better off making your own I think, that way you can make it as long as it needs to be and the right size.
You can buy some curb chain for the brooches at craft stores, or on etsy, probably eBay too. Mine was 5.7 x 4.2mm (link size).
The belt I might need to get pics of to explain it so I'll do that later. I'm pretty sure the boots are black, just heavily distressed and dirty. Otherwise I don't know much about them either.
You may even be able to use the sleeves of the leather jacket for the shins.

Last edited:
Wow! I am so impressed by the attention to detail and elbow grease put into these! I'm trying to find my own "Dwayne Jacket", and was hoping you could point me in the right direction. Does the jacket you found have any company tags, or can you recommend some search terms?

Wow! I am so impressed by the attention to detail and elbow grease put into these! I'm trying to find my own "Dwayne Jacket", and was hoping you could point me in the right direction. Does the jacket you found have any company tags, or can you recommend some search terms?

The brand is genuine californian, and the tell are the little rivets at the zippered pockets and brass colored snaps along rear belt line. I have two. Ones a little to big for me (I'm 5'7) would be perfect for someone around 5'10 mark. I'm probably gonna sell after Halloween so msg if interested.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back