Back to the Future Guess Marciano Denim Jacket Replica

So this idea is purely hypothetical at the moment, but it has potential. If when the snaps are delivered and I believe they aren't exactly correct I may go another route. I'm talking about the top brass part. My idea is to take the snap heads from the Guess products I have attained, drill and sand off the mangled material, and transplant the good half from the ordered snaps. I'd use a very strong metal epoxy so they stay together forever. They would then be able to be pressed like any other snap. This would give me the indents on the heads. I will need a dremel to cut away the surrounding metal to then separate the pieces. I'd buff these old snaps to look new. Left is a Guess snap. Right is a generic snap I already have. For demonstration purposes only.
Screenshot_20240304_152132_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240304_154846_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Proof of concept. Took a dremel with a wire brush attachment to the face of the snap. Then I removed the post piece from a generic snap I had lying around to see if it were possible. To do this for real I would use the snap post part from the parts I am getting in from Japan. It is very similar in construction. When I find my drill bits I will drill the mangled metal off of the back of the snap head.
20240305_184417.jpg
20240305_185051.jpg
Screenshot_20240303_004428_Chrome.jpg

Update on this. Grinded away the mangled metal and placed the good snap post onto it. Metal epoxy on the faces of each piece and a healthy amount on the top to seal everything in should work.
20240306_001421~2.jpg

My friend's vest with some jeans he found in the right fabric that are being used as arms for his own replica he is sewing together himself. This is basically what my project will look like.
received_416975077680722~2.jpeg

It will take a few weeks or maybe even longer to reach where my package needs to go. At that time they will inspect everything I have included and reference my notes and get back to me with any comments and a final price for the project.

Just because I don't really have any other place to post this, but I was able to find another vest. Measurements are like an XXS. Had to ship it from Italy to the UK where EmmaInCandyland so graciously was able to ship it to the US. The website it came from didn't ship here so I needed the help.
IMG_6823 (2).jpeg

The 5 other snaps (the jacket needs 11) are still drying, but here are the vintage snaps I've fashioned to be reused. It's hard to tell in the pic but ive used two part epoxy to glue the posts on. Used lots on each snap so its secure and never comes apart.
20240415_103943.jpg
20240415_103918.jpg

Last edited:
I have Hollywood lining fabric from TheNickFox store on spoonflower being delivered on Monday. When I receive it I am sending more stuff to Magnoli's point of contact in Florida to then be added to the other items to then be sent overseas. The jacket would then finally be officially started.
Screenshot_20240420_003111_Chrome.jpg

Second package with the snaps, extra denim fabric for the interior areas, and the Hollywood fabric have been sent off. Will be delivered on Saturday. Then I believe some time next week all of it will be sent overseas to be worked on. I really think this will be something special.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back