lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

How'd you go with the new cheetah tapestry?
Great! Looks so much more accurate, although I'm still getting used to it. Even though it IS more accurate, I'm so used to seeing it with the more orange tapestry, lol! Will post pics this weekend

Here's us at SDCC 2013 as the whole Lost Boys crew.
LB 6.jpgLost boys machinima 3.jpg

Also started working on Paul's outfit for my group halloween costumes. my brother is going as Paul.
this is what's known as a "morning coat", got it good and cheap from a costume shop on eBay.

shredded the pocket and lapel with a seam ripper and loaded with safety pins.

scrap leather from an old jacket i haven't worn in YEARS for the collar, right lapel and right sleeve cuff. hard to tell in the pic, but the leather has been distressed a bit using a surated steak knife.

tails MAY need to be shortened a little bit... haven't decided yet.

just waiting on some brass coin drops and jump rings to make the chain dangling from the right shoulder and this jacket is all set.

Nice dude, always really liked Paul's outfit too. Looking forward to the finished jacket! :thumbsup
I still have yet to come across the other tapestries! The correct ones at least. I have 2 Matadors and a lot of the badges. (Actually on that subject, what did you do for the rectangle Anarchy and rectangle skull patches?) and the only black Levi jackets I can find are in the U.K. and USA, which end up costing around $100. Not having much luck so far, but keen to get it done. I'd like to have it before the Halloween Fright Nights here at Movieworld.

Nice dude, always really liked Paul's outfit too. Looking forward to the finished jacket! :thumbsup
I still have yet to come across the other tapestries! The correct ones at least. I have 2 Matadors and a lot of the badges. (Actually on that subject, what did you do for the rectangle Anarchy and rectangle skull patches?) and the only black Levi jackets I can find are in the U.K. and USA, which end up costing around $100. Not having much luck so far, but keen to get it done. I'd like to have it before the Halloween Fright Nights here at Movieworld.
i actually made those ones myself, using some scrap canvas from a craft store. used fabric paint and stained in with RIT dye powder to age it. yeah it's weird, when i first started my jacket, those tapestries were EVERYWHERE, now i can't see any of them out there.

Ah I see, makes sense. The big handlebar skull patch on the left arm aswell? A leopard did pop up on Ebay, so I'm going to try and grab that. I've seen a few peacocks, all with the blue sky though.

Yup! that one too, once i recreate the design in photoshop, i'm gonna have tommy filth (who did all the other patches) make a REAL patch of it for my jacket.
good luck on that tapestry. it's the correct colors too! there's another one post IN australia it looks like too. at $45 presently, but a buy it now of $500! don't know what they think is so special about it, lol

Vintage Leopard Jaguar Cheetah Victorian Rayon Wall Hanging Tapestry | eBay

LOL they're nuts. That's a much larger tapestry though, I've seen the same with the Matador.

EDIT: Missed out on that tapestry. :(

Last edited:

my little brother and I's Marko and Paul costumes for this halloween! just waiting on the wigs now. MIGHT take the chaps in a bit, and make them a little tighter in the leg.

You boys look very handsome that picture. It's like the 12 year old version of me who saw that movie a million times finally understands what that funny feeling in my acid wash jean skirt is.

found some original patches, made some tweaks to a couple of the tapestries and squid lures. also tracked down the original tapestries of the front and back ladies, to create the most accurate replica of this jacket i've ever seen!

*grabby hands* I freaking LOVE this :D pure AWESOME sauce. I watched the Lost Boys so many times that I wore the tape on the VHS tape out. Still one of my favourite films.

Edit: Now my creative muse is saying I should make this for Thomas Marshal the Lion (him over there in my avi). Not sure being part of this forum is good for me or not! :p Too much influence for my creative muse lol

Last edited:
I really love this Lost boys replica jacket.Congratulations to bdude93 for this great job!!!
What size it is?? Can I buy your replica jacket??.
I´m a serious buyer.
Best regards from Barcelona (Spain).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back