Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

Maybe this is more your speed?

http://m.target.com/p/marvel-avengers-titan-hero-tech-interactive-hulk-buster-figure/-/A-15746786

It interacts with the other Avengers figures, so that's kinda cool.

Was in a Meijer today (regional chain store) and they had quite a bit of Avengers Age of Ultron stuff popping up on the shelf.

I'm not a hardcore figure collector like some folks out there, and yes it's still ridiculously overpriced and something I would never buy, but when you consider the prices for premium format and legendary scale statues, this lies in between and falls under a grand. Keep in mind this sucker's 21" tall (see pic below), to me that's no longer a 1/6 scale figure, that's a medium size maquette with some serious shelf presence. Not to mention this offers some articulation along with a helmet reveal feature. This is priced in between my CF Cap shield and eFX Mjolnir and it's gonna turn as many heads as either one, without a doubt. Again, unless I win the lottery, not something I'd buy, but I understand how some collectors would spring for this with little hesitation.

10850037_10204719340437253_9203566303261611772_n.jpg

Thirdeye, I think we are not far off from the same opinion.

Your marvel eFX stuff is in the same price range... But in the end you probably aren't going to buy this...

I also do agree that it is awesome. And will be as cool as a bust or maquette as far as space and cool factor in any collection/display!

And the more I think about it if they made a TRULY accurate VADER that tall (obviously larger scale than ironman in hulkbuster)

I would think that a fair price.

So even though I love marvel and especially ironman (since way before RDJ donned the armor) I am more of a Star Wars collector.

Had I not stopped myself from buying the first hot toys ironman...

We may be having a different conversation! Cause I would've kept collecting!

Then I would need them all, and that is just a massively expensive undertaking... Especially if you count all the IM3 variations...

I can't wait for the toys with A.I. I want a toy like the that bear in A.I., or the Gorgon General from Small Soldiers. Funny how us collectors rationalize spending money and determine what is priced too high.

Here's the SNL skit:

I wonder if thats a screenused stunt Mjolnir hammer borrowed from Marvel or a Lager Toys one they bought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see why it wouldn't be a screen used Mjolnir (one of the light versions), they did let him take the screen used costume. No way it'd be an unlicensed Chinese replica.

I didn't find this skit nor the entire SNL episode funny at all, also found it a little awkward that Liam was notably missing from the intro with his other 2 brothers.

Anyway, anyone notice Tony grabbing and holding the Chitauri Spector from the first Avengers? What's up with that?

It actually makes an appearance earlier than that.

lokisceptor_zps3lwxm8s3.png

Here's what I'm thinking.
The movie opens with the Avengers assaulting the Hydra base where the Baron, the twins and the scepter are all located. After the battle, Tony takes the scepter without anyone knowing and he and Banner figure out a way to use it to create artificial intelligence. Something doesn't go right, the 'Ultron' drones get trashed and Tony believes that Ultron is now gone. Cue the Avenger's Tower get together.

After all, keeping the scepter a secret from the team would play more against Tony later on as it's hinted at in the trailers. Thor's line "You've meddled into something you don't understand". Doesn't make sense for Thor to say that about AI, but it does when he's referring to the scepter.

Hard to get an accurate scale on the photo. In the trailer it looks to be 10-12' tall if not more.

Photos to show statue's scale:
Beast-Kingdom-Hulkbuster-Life-Size-Statue-001.jpg

Beast-Kingdom-Preview-Event-Avengers-AOU-Life-Size-Statues-002.jpg

If the HT figure is 21" and is 1/6 scale, full size should be 10.5' tall, somewhere in that range. The BK statue does seem a little less than full scale but close enough. I mean when you're standing next to it and it's already nearly 10' tall, will an extra 0.5' to 1' really matter? :lol

I've never understood these huge suits of armor. I mean, obviously your legs and legs are not inside the arms and legs of the armor. Do you just sit inside of it and control it or are you on some kind of treadmill a la Pacific Rim or what?

It likely interlinks with the suit he wears. Such as a specific Mark suit can connect to the Hulk Buster armor. From there, it kinda goes off of his brainpower. I always interpreted his suits to use some sort of brain driven system, considering how he uses the suit in general.

It's on scale with Ripley in the power loader so I'd guess more like that than Pacific Rim... or the brain thing like Satxer said.

Yeah, but what I am asking is does he actually move his arms and legs while inside of it? How would that work? No way his arms could be inside those arms. Is the inside hollow and he throws a punch with his real arm and it translates to the big arms? Is he clamped up inside and the whole thing just does what he wants it to do? What is he doing inside the big suit? Is he sitting in it just "driving" it?

I'm not trying to rag on this or anything, it's just a thought I had ever since the first movie. Jeff Bridges character seems to be kind of just sitting inside his big suit.

Just trying to figure out the logistics of it....yeah yeah, I know---"just shut up and enjoy it".

Yeah, but what I am asking is does he actually move his arms and legs while inside of it? How would that work? No way his arms could be inside those arms. Is the inside hollow and he throws a punch with his real arm and it translates to the big arms? Is he clamped up inside and the whole thing just does what he wants it to do? What is he doing inside the big suit? Is he sitting in it just "driving" it?

I think he just kinda sits in side it. Clamps in and stands still. Not using his actual limbs to control it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back