Zabana´s Iron Man WIP - BOOTS FINISHED - Page 13 (NEW LEG PAGE 14)

Perhaps and just maybe perhaps the new piece is a little small, you will need to reinforce it so you will loose a little room in the inside...

By this do you mean that I should give my hand some more room to move around in the glove?

I'm likely going to cast this and if I do, the internal folds aren't going to be there. It's snug now, but not uncomfortable and with the paper supports gone after a cast it will be looser. Does that sound right?

Oh and tip for the crowd, when you start building this hand, ALWAYS begin with the center ring and go from there. Those things build really nicely after a couple try and I found this trick to help me a lot and my 4th hand looked really nice compared to my 1st .. ischh

:lol That's EXACTLY what I did this go around. Made the build SO much easier and cleaner.

Yes that sounds about right!

Check the pics that I posted of my hand in the 100% then the 95%, you'll see what I mean, basically, the diff happens in the knuckles hole and at the wrist. Knuckles, you can't do much, wrist is all good, there's a little play in there.

Great, happy to know it worked for you too!

By this do you mean that I should give my hand some more room to move around in the glove?

I'm likely going to cast this and if I do, the internal folds aren't going to be there. It's snug now, but not uncomfortable and with the paper supports gone after a cast it will be looser. Does that sound right?

Can´t say for sure but if I were you a little bigger will be better... but not a lot, try to build it complete and see...

Yep, you guys called it. Close, but no cigar. Currently at .774 scale. What do you think would be a good scale?

IMG_20120622_070016.jpg

I know I built my first one at 100% and I have XL hands.
My second try at 95% is pretty much spot on.

It's good to know that with these hands, the ratio knuckles size (width) is funky with the hand length. What I mean is that if you get the hand to fit around the knuckles in terms of width, then, most likely you inner palm's size will be on the short side at the wrist. So it's all a question of balance between both.

Hey, recently I started building the hands. Great file! Definitely a challenge. I think this is just about the right size, what do you guys think?

2c9179d6.jpg

Hey, recently I started building the hands. Great file! Definitely a challenge. I think this is just about the right size, what do you guys think?

2c9179d6.jpg

It looks like to me pretty well done and sized, only maybe when hard to trim a little between fingers to increase mobility ;)

Good job!!!

What is the best way to scale your boot? I'm using Darkside501st version of your model with the expanded view an I'm finding it hard to scale it. I'm a size 9 shoe and I've been trying to work around that.

What is the best way to scale your boot? I'm using Darkside501st version of your model with the expanded view an I'm finding it hard to scale it. I'm a size 9 shoe and I've been trying to work around that.

There is no best way, just take measures from you and try to figure out if it will be ok once printed ;)

The best way I found was to take the sole sections of the boot and put them together as per the picture, print and place your foot or shoe on it, not forgeting to account for foam thickness.

Voila
attachment.php

Use the measurement tool in the designer in the right click context menu. You won't even need to print it!!!

To know more about the tool, it's been talked about at length in other threads with screenshot if you don't find it.

Zabana first of all, great....great job with your PEP files...! You are one of the persons how inspired me. I'm starting the IM mark VII avengers suit.

I'm build up to down part's. I think that seeing the "monster" grow is the best choice to keep motivation on for the rest of the building process. ;-) at least i think so :p

Do you have any decent neck file (not foam) that you could share with us?

Thank's in advance,
Joao
from Portugal
"hermanos" :)

Zabana first of all, great....great job with your PEP files...! You are one of the persons how inspired me. I'm starting the IM mark VII avengers suit.

I'm build up to down part's. I think that seeing the "monster" grow is the best choice to keep motivation on for the rest of the building process. ;-) at least i think so :p

Do you have any decent neck file (not foam) that you could share with us?

Thank's in advance,
Joao
from Portugal
"hermanos" :)

Thanks Bro :cool

About the neck, nothing yet to share :(

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back