Zabana´s Iron Man WIP - BOOTS FINISHED - Page 13 (NEW LEG PAGE 14)

I might have missed this somewhere in the thread... is this a Mark III?

These pep files are insane. :lol I'm amazed at the amount of detail in them Zabana. Very intimidating for a new guy like myself, but I started to pep one of your boots.

IMG_20120605_015027.jpg

IMG_20120605_015019.jpg

I wasn't paying attention and printed A4 to Letter and... well, maybe I could finish these for my 7 year old daughter. :lol No big deal, my pep work kind of blows anyway so starting over.

Charlie, is this cardstock 11lbs paper? Seems pretty thin to me!

And yes, take your time on the peping .. I see you're already missing details in the front of the shoe!

Guys, READ THE STICKY for all the Pepakura info before asking the same questions again, and again and again!

It would be awesome to see as people finish a nice piece of pep work to photograph it from a few different angles, and post up the pictures so people can see the finished pep piece for reference. I know quite a few pictures exist but sometimes are difficult to find. I've already attempted two Iron Man helmets (granted these were my first two attempts ever at pepping) and had a ton of mistakes and questions going, "Should the detail look this way?" Because even with the Pepakura file open, it's sometimes hard to discern how something should exactly be folded.

Taking your time is one of the best pieces of advice for sure though, I threw the helmets in the trash and I'm working on some far simpler pieces until I get the hang of it. Working through a piece, it amazes me how you can unknowingly mis-align a piece slightly and set off a series of misalignment's until you get to a piece to "complete" the area and it's off by several millimeters.

Jacob,
I agree, that's why I'm doing my build thread .. I'm always posting a ton of pictures of the parts I'm building!

Zabana's parts are not for the beginners, they're complicated and amazingly detailed .. BUT if you do take your time, you can easily do them properly .. yeah, you'll most likely end up with some light misalignment.

My trick, id to build the piece in different parts. The show cap, the top of the shoe, the sides etc .. so you don't build up errors as you go!

Another trick is to ALWAYS hide the doted line under the paper that you glue over, or at least, make sure it doesn't show, that's how most errors are built up, by not respecting the glue.

Take your time, cut properly or get a cutter, loll .. it'll save you so much time! :)

Jacob,
I agree, that's why I'm doing my build thread .. I'm always posting a ton of pictures of the parts I'm building!

Zabana's parts are not for the beginners, they're complicated and amazingly detailed .. BUT if you do take your time, you can easily do them properly .. yeah, you'll most likely end up with some light misalignment.

My trick, id to build the piece in different parts. The show cap, the top of the shoe, the sides etc .. so you don't build up errors as you go!

Another trick is to ALWAYS hide the doted line under the paper that you glue over, or at least, make sure it doesn't show, that's how most errors are built up, by not respecting the glue.

Take your time, cut properly or get a cutter, loll .. it'll save you so much time! :)

I just got a cutter last week (my fiance and mother both do scrapbooking so I totally acted like it was more for them then me haha), and even though my second helmet attempt failed (3rd time will be a charm right?) just what the cutter saved me in time of cutting pieces out was ridiculous. Plus you know, actually keeping the parts organized on a per page basis but that's not the point :p. But hiding the dotted line will definitely help, I know there has been times where I've gone RIGHT UP TO IT, or covered half of it. I'm sure that's where my errors start to pile up. Thanks for the tip and I'll definitely be subbing to your thread!

Also if you don't mind me asking, what helmet file did you use? Just out of curiosity.

I also posted a ton of pics of Zabana's hand and foot in this thread. I have more in mine but if anyone, for some reason, doesn't think it's enough, lmk and I'll take more!

Zabana, now we wanna see more progress from your build, it's been a while mate!!! :thumbsup

Re: Spanish Iron Man costume WIP - Voice recognition system for suit control works!!!

So well, after long time here is what you people were asking to be released

THE HANDS!!!

It´s dificult to pep but not impossible ;)

Index finger by Zabana.pdo
Knuckles by Zabana.pdo
Lower Palm by Zabana.pdo
Middle finger by Zabana.pdo
Pinky finger by Zabana.pdo
Ring finger by Zabana.pdo
Thumb finger by Zabana.pdo
Upper Palm by Zabana.pdo

All fingers but longers (scaled only in 1 axis) they are unfolded yet:

Fingers longers by Zabana.pdo

Enjoy it and please, as always, post your progress pics ^^

Just. How. :facepalm

Zabana I'm about to try your v4 helmet that you posted on February 23rd, any tips or tricks you can give? It seems like it'll be "easier" with it being large parts BUT also seems like it could be more difficult for that reason.

Zabana I'm about to try your v4 helmet that you posted on February 23rd, any tips or tricks you can give? It seems like it'll be "easier" with it being large parts BUT also seems like it could be more difficult for that reason.

Do it gentle and softly :p

No, seriously be carefull and try to take your time, do the folds properly and such. Did you pep something before?

Do it gentle and softly :p

No, seriously be carefull and try to take your time, do the folds properly and such. Did you pep something before?

I just finished up an HD Master Chief helmet by Flying Squirrel, few mistakes here and there but nothing too big. I've tried Sharkheads Helmet twice, but I didn't think to line up my tabs and folds RIGHT UNDER the edge of the paper, I always went right up to the line, so all those compounded eventually into couple mm gaps when I was finishing parts. I will definitely be taking my time though, I'm interested to see how the Silhouette Cameo handles cutting it out.

If you go properly and take your time will not have a lot of problems, if you have any doubt about any special part just post it and I´ll try to help you :D

I might have missed this somewhere in the thread... is this a Mark III?

These pep files are insane. :lol I'm amazed at the amount of detail in them Zabana. Very intimidating for a new guy like myself, but I started to pep one of your boots.

IMG_20120605_015027.jpg

IMG_20120605_015019.jpg

I wasn't paying attention and printed A4 to Letter and... well, maybe I could finish these for my 7 year old daughter. :lol No big deal, my pep work kind of blows anyway so starting over.

Charlie, here's what I meant by missing details. Compare the end of your shoe to the one (lower right) in this picture (click for high rez) which is Zabana's awesome model and you'll see what I mean ..

Again, make sure to study the model in the Pep Designer/Viewer as you build up the parts .. slowly and surely. Follow Zabana's tip, take your time! :thumbsup

First off, I want to thank you for sharing your files! Awesome work! I plan on pepping your version 4 helmet and I was wondering how you pep it when all the openings are covered? I mean, how do you pep the last piece of the helmet if they are all connected? Also, when working on the ear pods, do you just hotglue them to the helmet once pepped? Or should you resin the helmet and the ear pieces separately then glue them together? did you fiberglass your ear pods/pieces? Thanks, Mike

First off, I want to thank you for sharing your files! Awesome work! I plan on pepping your version 4 helmet and I was wondering how you pep it when all the openings are covered? I mean, how do you pep the last piece of the helmet if they are all connected? Also, when working on the ear pods, do you just hotglue them to the helmet once pepped? Or should you resin the helmet and the ear pieces separately then glue them together? did you fiberglass your ear pods/pieces? Thanks, Mike

Thanks Man!

Last piece to glue is the big one that close the "neck" area so the helmet is open like sharkshead till then, I close it all and after I open a small hole to pour the resin inside.
I hard separately the ears and the helmet, also I bondoed firstly the helmet before I attach the ears to it, it is more easy o work in such way than to have it together.

And finally the ears, in my build, was done with 3mm plastic sheets so in that way I´m sure it all is flat and easier to work with, I just build one and casted so less work at minimum effort ^^
This is my helmet right now:

And this is the piece I´m working on right now, just doing its mold. Also there is some small bits I ordered in 3D printing to shapeways.
Once it´s done it will be my next update :D

I know it´s going to be ask, I´m so sorry but I can´t share that abs pep file just because my syter in law erase it from my computer by mistake :( :cry

Thanks Man!

Last piece to glue is the big one that close the "neck" area so the helmet is open like sharkshead till then, I close it all and after I open a small hole to pour the resin inside.
I hard separately the ears and the helmet, also I bondoed firstly the helmet before I attach the ears to it, it is more easy o work in such way than to have it together.

And finally the ears, in my build, was done with 3mm plastic sheets so in that way I´m sure it all is flat and easier to work with, I just build one and casted so less work at minimum effort ^^
This is my helmet right now:

And this is the piece I´m working on right now, just doing its mold. Also there is some small bits I ordered in 3D printing to shapeways.
Once it´s done it will be my next update :D

I know it´s going to be ask, I´m so sorry but I can´t share that abs pep file just because my syter in law erase it from my computer by mistake :( :cry

Wow, your suite and helmet look AMAZING! I'll be happy if mine looks half that good! lol :lol So for the ears did you just hotglue them to your helmet once finished? Sorry for the questions, just want to learn all I can before starting this awesome build. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back