X-Men: Days of Future Past

For anyone who was curious on how Bryan Singer would have tackled the Hulk, looks like you're going to get your wish in "Days of Future Past".

X-Men: Days of Future Past': Nicholas Hoult Talks Beast Transformation

The movie is not even out yet and already I can say that "X-Men: Last Stand" did it better. I mean, there are movies where you know that the actors are truly committed to their roles to the point where they're willing to go full out in portraying their character. Kelsey Grammar was always in that make up. Karl Urban never took off that helmet. It's cool when you see that level of commitment to a strange character. The reason why I liked Beast so much was because he was this huge blue monster who always acted civilized and head strong. That separates him from being just another Hulk. He's the calm monster with glasses!

beast.jpg
beast1.jpeg
beast2.jpg

Hmm, I don't think that is a good addition to the character at all, seeing as how in First Class he became Beast at the end of the movie, and seemed to be just starting to accept his physical transformation, I agree that giving him this serum makes him too similar to Hulk, I only hope that the persecution of mutant kind throughout the film will convince him to give up the serum and finally accept his true form and not feel the need to hide it.

Hank's behavior and "Beasting out" fits in with Charles and Eric's moods, Charles is all broken up from his first team disbanding plus 'Nam, Mags said he's on "a different path, a darker path" Mystique is all lone assassin. I think everyone is still finding themselves at this point, so I give Beast some justification for beasting out, he'll be diploatic once he gets some wisdom and experience later on lol

So basically the only originals returning now are Xavier, Magneto, and Kitty(and that's just because SOMEBODY has to send Wolvie's mind back in time)

Yes, for now. I always felt movie Storm wasn't incredibly interesting however. I really dug the 90's cartoon version, same with Rogue really.

While I'd like to see this, I just don't buy it. The biggest reason is cost. The beast makeup and costume is pretty expensive. I just don't see them bringing in Grammar for 10 hours of makeup for a quick cameo...

While I'd like to see this, I just don't buy it. The biggest reason is cost. The beast makeup and costume is pretty expensive. I just don't see them bringing in Grammar for 10 hours of makeup for a quick cameo...

That's assuming this film abides by the way in which the Beast normally functions as a character. He no longer does. So Kelsey might still appear without any makeup.

That's assuming this film abides by the way in which the Beast normally functions as a character. He no longer does. So Kelsey might still appear without any makeup.

Multime timelines could mean multiple versions of characters. Maybe something different happens with that Beast.

Multime timelines could mean multiple versions of characters. Maybe something different happens with that Beast.

This is the X-men franchise. Consistency is not something they bother to check up on, nor bother to explain when things are suddenly different. You don't need this "multime"(?) thing to explain things. Just say that's how Beast has always worked.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back