Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Not my kid. Some pic I found on ebay recently and thought was funny. :)

I wish there were a better version of this pic-
attachment.php

and some cropped and enlarged versions of these promo studio photos-
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Nick

FYI, tag order status is 30 count has been made. The order will be placed with the manufacturer.

All I need now is to hear the final results of the X2 car phone, snag a blue Mazda RX-8, and a custom Xavier School Plague and my geek dream props are fulfilled. :D

Whew! That took forever. I'm not talking about the payments but the whole process since I opened my big mouth and said I could do these tags better and cheaper.

Well, they are cheaper... I only hope you all think these are better. This is where my nerves kick in... concept to reality.

All of my futile attempts to ask in the existing threads for these have gone unanswered. So this is my way of pleading here in an actual active/visible thread...

finishedkw7.jpg

finished1ld4.jpg

This is one of my long standing Holy Grails of film props. I've yet to hear back from the maker of these, and no one on the RPF is willing to step up to knowing how to or of anyone who might be able to replicate this plaque. I'm assuming someone in the sign business would be able to make this using these images. But then again this is why I'm sending out the request here. If anyone might be able to help point me in the right direction in getting this made, maybe anyone with a similar interest we can lower the cost on this and have multiple made. This particular set of five were casted in magnesium.

Link to the respective thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-first-prop-xaviers-school-plaque-finished-pics-page-5-a-56483/

Just sent an email out to a company to see if they can replicate the plaque in aluminum. I'd rather have it in brass, but aluminum is heavy and expensive in that size anyways. For a run of many, the best best is out of a resin for cost, but I also contacted an RPF member who made one out of solid brass, which came out AWESOME! Not sure if he's a regular, but I'll let anyone know with details on how it goes.

Here's his thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/xaviers-school-gifted-youngsters-37640/#post2150869

****UPDATE*****

I have some info right now that might lead to a run of these Xavier plaques. Is there enough interest here to start a separate thread for one?

This is the member's artwork:

I hadn't seen this one done before, so I went ahead and made one.:lol

Cold cast brass raised areas with anodized bronze coloring. The raised areas have a nice brushed finish. 13"x9" finished size.

done01re6.jpg

done01aee1.jpg

done02ma6.jpg

done03eo4.jpg

This is the lasered plex master. Kinda hard to see, but I left it with no primer and the mold came out perfect.

plex01tn1.jpg

And a painted plaque in the process of having the letters scraped.

process01fv2.jpg

And in case anyone is interested:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=490909#post490909

Last edited:
Hey again everyone! Amazing the info that keeps coming into this thread!

Just had a quick question for you all. Especially those that have Vanson's. I ordered a stock size that Dan had and am awaiting arrival for the jacket. Just was curious how you would recommend breaking it in and weathering it some? I've read to get it wet and wear it to help mold it better to your body. And I've also seen the tennis balls in the dryer method without heat.

Anything else you'd recommend? Just making sure. Like I said, I don't have the jacket in hand yet but am hoping to have it any day now

Thanks in advance!

Found some more X1 Boot reference in the making of footage that is interspersed throughout the X1.5 film disc as annoying "clickable" feature-

Awesome images Nick!! Someone has to make a GIF out of the last two images. Too funny! :lol

On breaking in a Vanson or any new riding jacket, that is the recommended method, although it sounds absurd...it works. ;)

Last edited:
Roger that, Nick. Once I hear back from Gordon Gekko, I'll see what I can do about creating an interest thread, as there seems to always be more room for props. :D

In sort of relation to the Canucklehead. Here's my comic version of Creed.

I apologize for the lack of shirt as this is a costume piece, and it's meant to display a "Sabretooth-esque" look.

Anyways. Short story:
Started out as a Wilson's Bomber, it was too big, so I chopped it up as a Denton Van Sant from Reign of Fire.
That didn't pan out, so this was next option.
Most of the work was done today, as I ripped seams, cut, glued and tossed some ring snaps and rivets on as well as relocated the size adjustment straps. I sized it to me and later this week I'll stitch it all together. Let me know what you think.

I know...pretty redneck huh? ;)
My wife took these and shook her head the entire time. :lol

Last edited:
An old bomber jacket would of been a cool way to get the fur onto a movie Sabretooth costume. Too bad they went somewhere else with the design. X1 was a little bit over the top and Origins was a bit boring. Oh well.

Nick

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back