Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

X1 boots were black in color with what looks to have had a vinyl shine to them (like Corofram dress shoes for the military), but you may be right about the shape and construction of the X1/XO boots, as certain engineer boots and Roper Boots look very similar.

Yes I did. They are Roper style boots with NO cowboy point toe box and a medium low heel with 7 nails attaching the heel. Your memory is not like it use to, Dan. :lol

From pg 26:

The X1 boots were 100% black gloss. Most likely due to the toe and heel shape/height (even captured the # of nails in the heel: 7), they are a type of Roper, but no actual match for maker has been found. These are dime a dozen for sale on the internet, so this is by far the easiest find.
Capture-4.jpg
Capture5-2.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Capture2-2.jpg

The heel of his boot
Capture3-2.jpg

Capture4-2.jpg

Capture5-1.jpg

Typical Roper boot, an example of the style and shine. The low quality heel and sole I wouldn't recommend to anyone. But you get the point.
Site

Last edited:
Dog tag update. We are now at 25 of the 30 pre-orders needed to push this project into production.

For those of you waiting to see if this project is going to happen, now would be the time to jump in.

I think the memory is working just fine Drool, as you just illustrated with the pictures exactly what I am referring to... Cowboy Roper boots like he wore in X1 typically have quite a bit more point to the toe than the engineer shape he wore in Origins.

Yes I did. They are Roper style boots with NO cowboy point toe box and a medium low heel with 7 nails attaching the heel. Your memory is not like it use to, Dan. :lol

From pg 26:

The X1 boots were 100% black gloss. Most likely due to the toe and heel shape/height (even captured the # of nails in the heel: 7), they are a type of Roper, but no actual match for maker has been found. These are dime a dozen for sale on the internet, so this is by far the easiest find.
Capture-4.jpg
Capture5-2.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Capture2-2.jpg

The heel of his boot
Capture3-2.jpg

Capture4-2.jpg

Capture5-1.jpg

Typical Roper boot, an example of the style and shine. The low quality heel and sole I wouldn't recommend to anyone. But you get the point.
QUOTE]

Just some FYI, cowboy and roper are two different styles Dan. I guess there's a mix up on what's what. But maybe we were on the same page and didn't realize it. :lol

Anyhoo...not quit Wolverine, but in the same realm/family of interest. ;)

And yes, that's one of my custom dogtags, and Dan's run of awesome Xavier hoodie's, which he's still selling btw. :)

Thanks to Commander Cody and all his work and help on this one!!

Actual military inserts I had laying around from a used kevlar helmet.

And last but never least, my daughter's best Magneto impression.

Too cute!

How big is your head? I've wanted a first class magneto helmet for a while. Many fan made versions to choose from at this point!

Nick

Thanks, Nick. I went with Commander Cody, as I watched him from start to finish, and all the tweaks and honing in between. It came out better than I had hoped for. I thought it would swallow my head, but once the pads are in place, it's not that bad. I have a small head, but I also only stand at 5'5". I wear size 6 3/4 hat, and the circumference is 20.5". I hope that helps anyone out in scaling the helmet.

attachment.php

10979-tag-copy2.jpg

hmm...if anything I'd say the hole needs to be dropped down a MM or two and the grouped numbers need to be closer together. I happened to noticed that the die that was used had an offset number 2, and it's ever so slightly lower than the rest. Does anyone else see that?

Yeah once I put all this reference material together I did notice a few kerning issues in the MJF design and a couple letter/number forms that I'd change. I was gonna work up a graphic with the things I'd tighten up.

Gimme a day or so and I'll have a good blueprint worked up. Been busy with some illustration work lately.

I hate when real world stuff gets in the way of cool hobby stuff.

Nick

This is my latest version I did a few weeks ago. It is not reflected in the concept art. The changes is the placement of the "W" and I narrowed the cuttout.

11462-overlay.jpg

This is a lot like the BSG tags I did. You either got to find one and stick with it or idealize it with a mix of all versions.

11463-concept-art.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it's finalized to me. ;) I'm excited to see the results when they come out. Do you plan on receiving an image or actual completed tag before they ship out?

Yep. I'll chock it up to all of the tag detail rolled into one finite tag, as you suggested, MJF.

It's bitter sweet that these will be a limited run, like most runs around here, as it be awesome to know later on down the road all this hardwork is still in circulation, as I'm NEVER giving my set up. :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back