What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Having finished none of my current builds, I added Adam Ant cosplay to the bench. Jewelry, clothing, hats and accessories.... here is my most recent progress:

20230905_181014.jpg

Increase the value of, or install if you don't have one, a dropping resistor to reduce the brightness.

It's not strictly voltage, but rather forward current, so adding more LEDs will drop brightness of each as well, but it takes a lot.

I mention that because you may get one LED where you want it, and applying the circuit to ten LEDs they won't be the same brightness as your test of one.

Lots of info out there on this if you search.

Increase the value of, or install if you don't have one, a dropping resistor to reduce the brightness.

It's not strictly voltage, but rather forward current, so adding more LEDs will drop brightness of each as well, but it takes a lot.

I mention that because you may get one LED where you want it, and applying the circuit to ten LEDs they won't be the same brightness as your test of one.

Lots of info out there on this if you search.
IMG_20231017_232814.jpg

Yeah, I used these Resistor Boards to help me on that. Something which I should have gotten or designed decades ago. Such a simple tool but my mind decided it was far more fun to drive down to the shops for more resistors.

Once I got those sorted out. the values I gotten were so different as if the LEDs were sipping current on a diet. Then again, these LEDs I got were brighter than the decade old ones I had in my inventory.

This weekend I “nibbled” at converting a Klingon Disruptor kit (that I picked up on the RPF ) into an Eminiar Disruptor.

(Image from the Greg Jein Collection)

IMG_1630.jpeg

So far, all that I have been able to complete is the emitter conversion (which took a few hours). I am officially at a point of overload with too many projects going on simultaneously.

IMG_1627.jpeg
IMG_1628.jpeg

Last edited:
This weekend I “nibbled” at converting a Klingon Disruptor kit (that I picked up on the RPF ) into an Eminiar Disruptor.

(Image from the Greg Jein Collection)

View attachment 1753603

So far, all that I have been able to complete is the emitter conversion (which look a few hours). I am officially at a point of overload with too many projects going on simultaneously.

View attachment 1753594View attachment 1753595
"Hello Captain Dunsel, we welcome you to group. Our daily and nightly counseling sessions are on the hour, every hour, 7 days a week. However, our success rate for lowering your desire to take on further projects is nearing -235%. The only group with a worse track record than ours is Sex Addicts Anonymous, who honestly just should never gather in groups."

BSG Viper Pilot Flightsuit is coming along great, for being my very first sewing project.

it features:

Screen Used Original:
Patches (BSG, Viper, 3rd Vigilantes)
Pins
Gloves
Pre flight left leg pocket checklist

Correct accurate original source:
S1 Helmet with sliding jaw and working lights, made by RPF member JtotheP
Nike Flightposite shoes
Neck seal collar
Gadgets (USB hub, toothbrush holder, GBA case, Nixon watch)
AstriAlpin Cobra buckle

Made from scratch by me:
Green jumpsuit, silver cuffs, & flak vest

Close match to original:
Duty belt & nylon pouches
Matsuo S1 sidearm

Update: very nearly there.

Attachments

• IMG_6050.jpeg
    IMG_6050.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6249.jpeg
    IMG_6249.jpeg
    767.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
HalloweenCostumes.com PKE Meter conversion. Waiting to find a way to get a set of electronics from the Spirit Halloween version without just buying a whole new one, but it's looking unlikely.

I just finished this Raiders gun belt. It was made to replace my long worn out everyday belt, hence the lack of whip holder and shorter overall length. I love the common utility of the Indy costume.

20240108_174812.jpg
20240108_174823.jpg
20240108_174907.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back