What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Finally finishing this…

IMG_5606.jpeg

And just before I get kicked off this thread for conspiring with Alley, I need to propose a weight loss challenge in a thread popular enough to get some takers. I NEED A SUPPORT TEAM ....PPPPLEEAASSE..... I now have 3 costumes and numerous hand made props ready for pictures and I don't want to look back later and say I was sooooo close but should have lost 15 pounds to really knock it out of the park. Here is my Will Turner, belts, buckles, buttons, hand made coat, custom sword.... it is a long list of custom stuff and I need to drop the weight to make it look perfect. My proposal is a new thread where the paticipants do a goal loss, not total current weight, just how many you wish to lose for a current build (prop and or costume pics needing some weight loss to really nail it in the pics) and then daily we mark "The original number", (mine being 15), then today's weight and a goal date if you know your pics are coming up soon. Simple but I need someone to keep me on task. Anyone?

20230318_192828.jpg

and Bill and Ted's booth antenna....

20230725_230307.jpg

And Wyatt, of course, going from:

th-1176791115.jpg
purchased for size and shape but going to this, to match the movie...

Screenshot_20230710-011505_Samsung Internet.jpg

and this thrift find...

20230701_225723.jpg

customizing to this..

Screenshot_20230701-225918_Gallery.jpg

And the one I have been putting off for years because of the extra weight, a new set of Bard the Bowman pics at the right weight and with two new props, bow and arrows and possibly the arkenstone.

This stuff is stacking up and I would love to actually clear my workbench for a completed set of pics on any one of these. Anyone game?

Last edited:
And just before I get kicked off this thread for conspiring with Alley, I need to propose a weight loss challenge in a thread popular enough to get some takers. I NEED A SUPPORT TEAM ....PPPPLEEAASSE..... I now have 3 costumes and numerous hand made props ready for pictures and I don't want to look back later and say I was sooooo close but should have lost 15 pounds to really knock it out of the park. Here is my Will Turner, belts, buckles, buttons, hand made coat, custom sword.... it is a long list of custom stuff and I need to drop the weight to make it look perfect. My proposal is a new thread where the paticipants do a goal loss, not total current weight, just how many you wish to lose for a current build (prop and or costume pics needing some weight loss to really nail it in the pics) and then daily we mark "The original number", (mine being 15), then today's weight and a goal date if you know your pics are coming up soon. Simple but I need someone to keep me on task. Anyone?

View attachment 1724070

View attachment 1724071

View attachment 1724073 purchased for size and shape but going to this, to match the movie...

View attachment 1724075
and this thrift find...

View attachment 1724076
customizing to this..

View attachment 1724080

And the one I have been putting off for years because of the extra weight, a new set of Bard the Bowman pics at the right weight and with two new props, bow and arrows and possibly the arkenstone.

This stuff is stacking up and I would love to actually clear my workbench for a completed set of pics on any one of these. Anyone game?
I'm up for your weight loss goals plan.

I'll be doing TDK again at Halloween, unless I get a good excuse to do it before!

I can get in the suit easily enough but a few more lbs would give a better look.

Sign me up, tell me where I need to be.

1/2 scale Proton Pack, Aliens Motion Tracker (all found parts, the only thing I'm missing is the stupid Olympus T28 calculator:mad:), MiB J2 pistol fron original molds, TNG Cricket Phaser (Stapleton kit and Gmros board)

View attachment 1724070

View attachment 1724071

View attachment 1724073 purchased for size and shape but going to this, to match the movie...

View attachment 1724075
and this thrift find...

View attachment 1724076
customizing to this..

View attachment 1724080

In case anyone wants to jump on board, I created the thread today "Weight Loss for Photo Shoot Inspiration Thread".

Currently I am working on bringing a Hocus Pocus replica of "Book" to life.
I am making a few versions, currently focusing on a flat "front-side-back" that can be attached to a journal or any journal sized book. Next I have a field notes size for a mini Book (its adorable) and lastly a full one to one life size copy, in all its glory! itch-it-a-cop-it-a-melaka-mystica!

Currently I am working on bringing a Hocus Pocus replica of "Book" to life.
I am making a few versions, currently focusing on a flat "front-side-back" that can be attached to a journal or any journal sized book. Next I have a field notes size for a mini Book (its adorable) and lastly a full one to one life size copy, in all its glory! itch-it-a-cop-it-a-melaka-mystica!
I would love to see the progress of the "Book" its one of my favorite props.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back