Walking Dead Sheriff Uniform

Thanks for the help guys sorry but im new here and joined cause of this thread thanks for the help again if anyone who has shoulder patches or the ball cap please let me know id and how to get them good costumes guys

Thanks Bronson, I can't tell if folks are actually able to purchase these badges from someone. I'd be up for two, but it does not seem that anyone is selling.

Oh Martin, I found the exact duty jacket he wears on the show. It's made by Spiewak.
Look around though as the prices vary wildly from about $80 to $140.

I've been keeping an eye on Ebay and have just snagged myself one of these for a very low price:

DSC04706.jpg

Just need to fix my 2 spare patches, mod the buttons and i'm away.

There's a couple left too. Just search for "Golden Fleece Spiewak Men Brown Security police Sherriff Coat". There are a couple left. Good luck

Martin my friend, that is a fantastic find!! Thank you so much for the heads up on what to search for! It's not 100% accurate (rounded collar vs. pointed, and it lack epaulets) but at that price those small shortcomings are easy to overlook. I just picked one up for myself. Thanks again!

Martin my friend, that is a fantastic find!! Thank you so much for the heads up on what to search for! It's not 100% accurate (rounded collar vs. pointed, and it lack epaulets) but at that price those small shortcomings are easy to overlook. I just picked one up for myself. Thanks again!

You might be surprised about the collars and eppaulettes as my jacket has both! I must have picked an inaccuarate picture off bay. Hope its what you want when it arrives. Ill try and arrange pics of mine soon.

th_DSC04683.jpg

Last edited:
I found a cheap ($10-12) .44 Magnum revolver to use. It's by a toy company called Parris. They do cheap replicas of weapons. Anyway, I picked one up. Just have to spray paint it silver.

Cost effective!

Hey, just signed decided to register after seeing this thread a couple days ago.

I was planning a Rick Grimes costume for Halloween and after researching everything (with much helps thanks to this thread) I'm about to pull the trigger on purchasing the items I need. I'm missing the patches though, and after finding my way around here, I noticed a few of them were sold already in the Junkyard by The Mechanic.

I like to put effort into these things, and if they're not done right or done halfway, there's no point in doing it.

If anyone could help me out with the King Country patches, I thank you in advance.

hey skruffy do u think you could get me a pair of those pants i have looked every where the closest i got was the complete oposite with virginia sheriff trousers so plz

First off, I really appreciate all of the info on this thread and on this site. I finally decided on a Halloween costume, probably too late to do it completely right, but I'm in the process of putting together a Rick Grimes costume. I've ordered the shirt, hat, and hat tassels. I've put in a request for 2 of the custom patches that TheMechanic does, but no idea if he's near a full run and if he is, when I'd be able to get them. The first party I have to attend is on 10/28.

So, a few questions:
1. Where can I order the gold name plate for Grimes?
2. Are there any serviceable badges and/or patches that I can order from somewhere? They don't have to be perfect.

Thanks!

Thanks to this thread, the only thing I need is the Hat and patches. I'm probably going to purchase a hat today once I settle on one and expedite ship that thing.

I too contacted TheMechanic regarding extra patches, if there are none available, I'm just going to make my own simply gluing and cutting together fabric from an arts and crafts store. Unfortunately, it's way too late (and costly, seeing as I only need two) to have them custom made and embroidered, so that's my solution lol.

Everything else is on it's way from Quartermasters. Got my own pistol, picked up boots from cheap fro a thrift store, and even got a hand grenade from an army surplus place.

Thankfully I found this site :p

To my knowledge the pants are not available anywhere online. You can get the pants, I think, but nowhere I've seen will put the stripe on for you.

If you can't find anything locally, send me a PM and I can talk to my place about making you a pair.
can u get me a pair to skruffy if u dont mind i have been wanting this costume for ever

I got nearly my entire outfit from Quartermaster.
The only parts of it I didn't get from them were my boots, pistol and hat.

Oh, and the blue training hand grenade I got from a local army navy store. :)

where did u get the pants

You are asking a question while quoting a reply which answers that same question. And now my head hurts :lol.

Yes, I can get you the same pants I have, but it will take 6-8 weeks and will cost quadruple what you would pay elsewhere. Just follow Bronson's advice and get your pants from QM. From what I've heard your easiest bet is to call their customer service line and speak to a rep - they can set you up with a custom pants order and get you exactly what you need. Tell them you want a pair of brown pants with a 1 inch pink-tan (or tan if they don't have pink-tan) stripe. Just FYI pink-tan is not at all pink... but that's what they call khaki/tan when it comes to most police uniforms.

Hello all, thanks to this board, I was able to get most of the items for my own uniform... even for a"big" guy like me:

Hat: Killer Hats
Bullhide 4X Kingman Western

Shirt, Pants, Acorn campaign cord: Quartermaster
pants:
LawPro 100% Polyester Pre-Striped Uniform Trousers Pants & Shorts (S22 12G) - QMUniforms.com

shirt:
LawPro 100% Polyester Two-Tone Short Sleeve Shirt Shirts (S33 117) - QMUniforms.com

cord:
Trooper or Campaign Hat Cord Headwear (Q62 201) - QMUniforms.com

badges: Wal-mart halloween aisle (not screen accurate but okay until I order a badge--6 weeks)

patches: ebay Nassau County (again, not screen accurate but will do until Mechanic runs another batch)

lapel pins: ebay
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Good luck everyone and enjoy the show and putting together the costume!

Ford

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back