Walking Dead Sheriff Uniform

Just back from dragoncon and pleased to announce the 'Walking Dead' sheriffs were well received both around the hotels and in the parade. Nice to meet some fellow RPF'ers (Skruffy and Bronson)too. Also a big thanks to Jared whose awesome patches started it all:

321311_10150274353056516_633241515_7868465_1108137069_n.jpg

296233_10150274358141516_633241515_7868576_1132666314_n.jpg

Yeh, the Walking Dead uniforms were really well received with the crowds at DragonCon. You all looked great!! Well done guys...

You guys look great! I met the cast at Spooky Empire's May-Hem convention this past may. Jon Bernthal who plays Shane is always wearing his a cap, so it's very fitting. If anyone gets around to doing another run of patches, badges, etc. Please count me in! I'm looking for a replica of the crossbow Norman Reedus uses in the show, and I hope to dress up as him for the Spooky Horror con next month.

What a treat it was to get to meet you Bronson, and to march in the parade with you, Martin! Y'all are the best and your costumes look fantastic!

When Aideon (the Shane in the pics) and I were walking around the con, we had quite a few people who have worked on the show mob us and tell us how great the costumes looked and how excited they were to see people making costumes from the show. One of the camera guys we met even broke out his phone and showed up some behind the scenes stuff that he took pictures of while filming season 2 (no spoilers, though)!

I had people thinking I was a real cop every time I wore the costume, too! I got stopped 3 different times on my way to the D*con parade by people asking me for directions (yay for being able to answer them correctly). I had a woman come up to compliment me on my "costume" (thinking she was being coy and that I was a real cop). When I told her thanks and that I was *really* in costume her jaw hit the floor. There were people avoiding eye contact and pretending to be on their best behavior every time I made a circuit around the main hotel floor... I've never seen flasks tucked away so hastily before! But the vocal shouts of "Awesome! They're from Walking Dead" during the parade were the best. Not everyone realized we were part of the parade (and not the parade security) but those that did got a HUGE kick out of seeing us. The city is definitely aware of the show, since it is filmed there, and the crowd reactions were priceless. What a fantastic time!

And now here are a few pics of Somerset Fox, Aideon, and myself from the parade staging area:
Walking%252520Dead%252520Parade%25252001.jpg

Walking%252520Dead%252520Parade%25252002.jpg

Last edited:
My costume was no where near as elaborate as these. Nice job. I think I saw you guys there, but in the true blood police uniform. I had a question about your weapons, did the police haev issues with them?

I got hassled on Thursday wearing my Sheriff Carter by a rent-a-cop, but D*Con security took my side because my gun was properly peace bonded. The cop was being an ass, D*Con security guys zip tied my gun 15 different ways to make the guy go away, then gave me a few and told me to cut them all off and put it back the way I had it.

After the con officially started, I didn't have any problems.

ETA: Skruffy has a picture somewhere of us in Walking Dead with some actual Atlanta PD officers. They knew exactly what we were, so that was pretty cool.

nice costumes guys!! love the walking dead. cant wait or season 2!!

this halloween would be a great time to do it with the show starting mid october.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back