Walking Dead Sheriff Uniform

Hey guys, I'm almost done with my Shane impression but I don't know the maker of his duty belt or his pouches. Help would be much apreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Also any info on a replica screen ball cap for shane in season 1 would be helpful too.

Screen Shot 2011-11-28 at 6_40_40 AM.jpg

Anybody know anything about this cap ?? any help would be appreciated

hey guys dose anyone have for the pants spare and the cord as im from Australia its hard to order from some places in the us any help would be great thanks

Hi, does anyone know where I can get the brown sheriffs baseball cap like Shane's from season 1. I can find them on eBay but the embroidery of the badge looks poor. I recall 'the mechanic' did a run of these, if anyone has one of his they don't need I may be interested.

Cheers Mark

Well, now I've accidentally gotten involved with working on a Rick Grimes Season 1 outfit. I was at a thrift store up town in Madison and stumbled across a uniform top for a Department of Corrections outfit. It's got patches on both arms (one side is "Department of Corrections", the other is two flags, one of the U.S. flag and the other the State Flag of Florida). It fits. I bought it for 50 cents. I think the patches may be iron-ons, but I'll have to check it again.

Thought I'd present all potential Ricks with another firearm option - the Denix Python replica. Denixes are zinc alloy cast replicas, have a nice heft to them and are easily modded. Excellent holster fillers IMO.

The Denix Python comes in 4- 6- and 8-inch barrels. I went with the 6-incher, naturally:

1e6vpe.jpg

As the Denixes come with a blued finish, I worked it over with degreaser, blue remover, sand paper and a Dremel wire brush:

2niskjs.jpg

... and after applying some elbow grease, a bare metal finish was achieved. I also sanded off the Denix trademarks.

2le333d.jpg

Will go over the gun with finer grit sand paper and finish off with some serious buffing to achieve a stainless look. I'm also going to get a pair of inexpensive wood grips off eBay for that final touch. :)

Nice!

Don't suppose you'd be willing to charge a reasonably fee to make one for another Rick Grimes cosplayer? Mine is okay, but plastic...

Thought I'd present all potential Ricks with another firearm option - the Denix Python replica. Denixes are zinc alloy cast replicas, have a nice heft to them and are easily modded. Excellent holster fillers IMO.

The Denix Python comes in 4- 6- and 8-inch barrels. I went with the 6-incher, naturally:

http://i59.tinypic.com/1e6vpe.jpg

As the Denixes come with a blued finish, I worked it over with degreaser, blue remover, sand paper and a Dremel wire brush:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2niskjs.jpg

... and after applying some elbow grease, a bare metal finish was achieved. I also sanded off the Denix trademarks.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2le333d.jpg

Will go over the gun with finer grit sand paper and finish off with some serious buffing to achieve a stainless look. I'm also going to get a pair of inexpensive wood grips off eBay for that final touch. :)

Nice!

Don't suppose you'd be willing to charge a reasonably fee to make one for another Rick Grimes cosplayer? Mine is okay, but plastic...
I think you'll be better off locating a Denix in CA and modding it yourself. I could do it, but shipping one from Sweden might be cost-prohibitive as well as risky, as in having the gun seized at some point during transit.

There's really nothing much to it - buy one, partially disassemble, de-grease, strip the blued finish with Dremel wire brush attachments (the fastest way to do it) and start sanding the gun, moving to finer grit paper until you've achieved a mirror finish. Throw on wooden grips fron eBay and start shooting walkers :) Takes a bit of elbow grease, is boring but simple. You won't have to fear you're ruining the gun - it's a Denix, a cast pot metal replica. It was born ruined. :lol

If you decide to do this and happen to hit a snag in some way, drop me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

Ahh, didn't realize you were in Europe.

Figuring out how to "degrease" something, buying a dremel and a wire thingy, figuring out how to use it without destroying what I'm using it on, and what all, makes it much easier if there were a way to simply buy one. Besides, I have more money than time these days, and it sounds like a time-intensive project.

Thanks anyways!

I think you'll be better off locating a Denix in CA and modding it yourself. I could do it, but shipping one from Sweden might be cost-prohibitive as well as risky, as in having the gun seized at some point during transit.

There's really nothing much to it - buy one, partially disassemble, de-grease, strip the blued finish with Dremel wire brush attachments (the fastest way to do it) and start sanding the gun, moving to finer grit paper until you've achieved a mirror finish. Throw on wooden grips fron eBay and start shooting walkers :) Takes a bit of elbow grease, is boring but simple. You won't have to fear you're ruining the gun - it's a Denix, a cast pot metal replica. It was born ruined. :lol

If you decide to do this and happen to hit a snag in some way, drop me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

Gotcha :)

(As for degreasing stuff - dish washing liquid works fine)

I'm sure you'll find someone around here who' s located in the US and could clean up a Denix for you, if you ask around.

I am looking for Rick's watch KC3584 Kenneth Cole... Let me know if you know where I can get one...cannot find anywhere online...last piece to complete my screen accurate season 1&2 Rick.... Thank you!

My sincerest apologies for the necro-bump. I'm new here, don't hurt me!

Long story short, I can get all my Rick stuff shipped to me here in the UK - apart from the belt and accessories. I've been scouring eBay for about 8 months, and nothing comes up. No keepers, no pouches, as certainly no belts as good as qmuniforms' (who incidentally refuse to ship to the UK now).

My question is - Does anyone from further up in the thread have a belt set they don't mind parting with? Or know a supplier either in Europe or Stateside that would ship out here?

image.jpg

Can someone explaine how to get the badge onto the shirt please? That reinforced stitch will not let the pin through. Do you cut it? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 438415

Can someone explaine how to get the badge onto the shirt please? That reinforced stitch will not let the pin through. Do you cut it? Thanks in advance.

If you're using a uniform shirt, there should be two slots pre-cut in the shirt in the appropriate place. I have the shop sew on badge tabs, myself.

If you're using some other shirt, I guess you'll either have to press really hard, or cut a couple of holes.

Did you buy it at a uniform shop?

I thought I was missing something obvious. Just had to push that sucker till it broke through. Won't lie, I was paniced that it was going to rip the shirt. Shirt was from qrartermaster. Thanks for the reply.

I thought I was missing something obvious. Just had to push that sucker till it broke through. Won't lie, I was paniced that it was going to rip the shirt. Shirt was from qrartermaster. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, a shirt from QM should have the slots pre-cut...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back