Vader's MPP shroud (update)

Re: Vader's MPP shroud

I'm going to guess that it's the V2 version of the prop. On the V1, the clamp is closer to the little port hole things. The V2 had the clamp snugged up against the grips. The fact that I can see so much chrome and no clamp leads me to believe it's the V2.
Hey, Matt.

Thanks very much for pointing that out! I examined that section and confirmed that the clamp in that picture is positioned further down toward the grips than the V1. I should've known to check that but I was preoccupied with another detail. Of course, we can't rule out the possibility that the V1 clamp was at a different position during filming. However, seeing that the Chronicles position appeared on screen at the beginning of ANH, I would say it's unlikely it moved, especially given the secured tension from the nail.

As of currently, do we know whether the MPP will appear in EP7?

uploadfromtaptalk1441788217951.jpg

Here's a pic of my Heiland. It's got a resin MPP shroud (to be replaced hopefully) a clamp and T-tracks from Blast Tech (note the rubber O-rings around the clamp. My idea. The pic doesn't show the bottom of the endcap unfortunately, but I made the mod.
Also, I had to reposition the bulb-release (or whatever the black piece behind the shroud is) because on the Heiland, it's on the other side, originally, and there's a second, smaller one, with a curve, which I discarded. The repositioning took some drilling into the tube, but I'm fairly happy with the end result. As I said, the only thing bugging me is the shroud...

As of currently, do we know whether the MPP will appear in EP7?

Other than that a real genuine vintage MPP has been purchased by Foodles Company Ltd. last summer ... it's still uncertain to me whether it is for a cameo in Episode VII, like Vader's helmet, or that it will serve another purpose ... all will be revealed when the movie premieres in December with or without an MPP converted into a lightsaber :wacko

Chaim

Other than that a real genuine vintage MPP has been purchased by Foodles Company Ltd. last summer ... it's still uncertain to me whether it is for a cameo in Episode VII, like Vader's helmet, or that it will serve another purpose ... all will be revealed when the movie premieres in December with or without an MPP converted into a lightsaber :wacko

Chaim

& if they do suprise us with a MPP in the movie, I guess that'll make them even harder to find & even more expensive. Like the GRAFLEXs are experiencing now.

View attachment 526318

Here's a pic of my Heiland. It's got a resin MPP shroud (to be replaced hopefully) a clamp and T-tracks from Blast Tech (note the rubber O-rings around the clamp. My idea. The pic doesn't show the bottom of the endcap unfortunately, but I made the mod.
Also, I had to reposition the bulb-release (or whatever the black piece behind the shroud is) because on the Heiland, it's on the other side, originally, and there's a second, smaller one, with a curve, which I discarded. The repositioning took some drilling into the tube, but I'm fairly happy with the end result. As I said, the only thing bugging me is the shroud...

Wow, that looks great! I'd like to see a photo or two of the modded end cap. What did you use for the bulb release? I'll be chucking the curvy front one as well. Is the bubble strip from Blast Tech also? I'm just wondering, cause I see 6 bubbles instead of the 7. I'm going to be using an Exactra 20 to get them in my build.

Wow, that looks great! I'd like to see a photo or two of the modded end cap. What did you use for the bulb release? I'll be chucking the curvy front one as well. Is the bubble strip from Blast Tech also? I'm just wondering, cause I see 6 bubbles instead of the 7. I'm going to be using an Exactra 20 to get them in my build.
Yes the bubbles are (afaik) also from BT. The bulb release is a resin part which I got (along with the shroud) from a fellow board member (whose name eludes me right now)
The bulb release took some creative tinkering. The 2 screws go into the tube, but since there's no thread, I used some glue for added stability.

I need to grab the saber and take some pictures of the cap.

Well, my first batch is ready and available! Some of you have already found it at WannaWanga:

http://wannawanga.com/products/mpp-shroud/

Price is $40
(shipping unfortunately is $20. This is the lowest international shipping price from the Netherlands, since it doesn't fit in an envelope)

View attachment 525579

View attachment 525580

View attachment 525581

Roy

there I was thinking I was quite happy with my Parks MPP then I see you've made these :lol

look fantastic so I've ordered one as an upgrade

my old parks shroud can go on my Heiland :)

Got my TCSS clamp in the mail yesterday, looks great!

EaM5SYK.jpg

rNanP5f.jpg

However, the included bubble strip falls right out, even at the clamps tightest.

I'll have to add something to the strip, not a biog deal.

Anyone else have this probelm with the TCSS clamp on a Heiland?

Roy's shroud should be here by the end of next week!

Rex, does the sleeve on the clamp seem like it would be easy to remove from the clamp?

Which "sleeve"?

Under the metal clamp it has a inlay from plastic, it´s edges protrude to the outside. The complete inlay is a seperate part and can be left aside, then it´s just a metal clamp, like a graflex.

However, the included bubble strip falls right out, even at the clamps tightest.

I'll have to add something to the strip, not a biog deal.

Anyone else have this probelm with the TCSS clamp on a Heiland?

Yes I had the same problem. My clamp is a Parks clamp but yes the bubble strip falls out. I haven't worried about it yet. Once I get my shroud and grips from Roy then I will think about putting my Heiland together.

Which "sleeve"?

Under the metal clamp it has a inlay from plastic, it´s edges protrude to the outside. The complete inlay is a seperate part and can be left aside, then it´s just a metal clamp, like a graflex.

I can double check.

It felt a little loose when I took it out of the bubble wrap, I can say that.

Thanks guys. My MPP clamp did not have the plastic part with it, so I need to replace it. I've got a clear sandwich baggy under the clamp now to prevent scratching or scraping on the chrome tube, but obviously a sandwich bag is not very accurate!

Same problem with the bubblestrip here.
Am I right that there is some kind of card edge connector board underneath the bubblestrip? That could hold the strip in place then.

Actually ... the connector strip from the Exactra 20 remained under the bubbles :

However that strip is cut shorter on the sides ... and the transparant plastic bubblestrip
is cramped between the MPP clamp.

Chaim

I bet those pics made all the people cry that took the bubblestrip from their exactra, and disposed the rest. :lol

I've got an Exactra 20 waiting for parts to arrive for my Heiland. & I just got an Exactra 19 :)!
My question now is, could it be looser on a Heiland cause a Heiland is a tick wider than an MPP?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back