Vader's MPP shroud (update)

Re: Vader's MPP shroud

I got my shroud on order :)! Thank you Roy, I can't wait. I also ordered two sets of T-tracks. I came close to getting 2 shrouds, but I knew they were being made in small batches & I didn't want to keep others from their builds. I've got a Heiland with an Exactra 20 waiting for it now, with another Heiland that has a different end cap on the way. I'm hoping I can make a hybrid end cap with the two. If not, I'll make my own custom lightsaber out of it.

My brain is spinning my skull, and my eyes are bleeding from trying to make sense of everything. Would love to get started on a Vader build, and am willing to use a Heiland, but can't figure out what the right Heiland is. Question: how does one change the center clamp to "the correct one" - every Heiland I see for sale either has a screw-post where the folding clip is, or no center clip at all.

thecustomsabershop.com has replica MPP clamps that are quite nice. I own 2 myself ;)

Thanks, I'll check them out! Also, may I ask exactly WHAT this is a replica of? I'd like to stay true to the original material when possible, and buy only original 1970s tech, but I'm lost on what exactly the black thing is, that is found on the MPP? Thanks!

This is exciting Roy. From the pictures the shroud looks incredible. I ordered mine as soon as they were up on your site. Can't wait to receive it. Also very much looking forward to your button panel, whenever that happens, so I can finish my Heiland conversion.

Others have said it but again, thanks for all you do!

Can someone please tell me if there is confirmation (i.e. complete picture showing the clamp setup) on whether this is the V2 or the Chronicles prop?

vader_anh_mpp_zpsxq0a91tu.jpg

It could be either ... without the view of the sidebars ... it's impossible to determine which version this is ... however it is a real MPP :)

Chaim

Also, may I ask exactly WHAT this is a replica of? I'd like to stay true to the original material when possible, and buy only original 1970s tech, but I'm lost on what exactly the black thing is, that is found on the MPP? Thanks!

Yes ... this is a replica of my real MPP shroud reverse engineered by Roy ... see post#129 here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=228132&page=6 :)

Chaim

Can someone please tell me if there is confirmation (i.e. complete picture showing the clamp setup) on whether this is the V2 or the Chronicles prop?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Imperious825/vader_anh_mpp_zpsxq0a91tu.jpg
I'm going to guess that it's the V2 version of the prop. On the V1, the clamp is closer to the little port hole things. The V2 had the clamp snugged up against the grips. The fact that I can see so much chrome and no clamp leads me to believe it's the V2.

Thanks, I'll check them out! Also, may I ask exactly WHAT this is a replica of? I'd like to stay true to the original material when possible, and buy only original 1970s tech, but I'm lost on what exactly the black thing is, that is found on the MPP? Thanks!

This black thing is the connector for the flash reflector. The original part is a casted metal part, probably aluminium, but I'm not really sure about that. My replica is CNC machined aluminium as you can see in the first post.

Roy

Since we will need to wait for the TFA Graflex to show up, I'll be starting my Vader build first.

Now..

ESB or ANH

(I'll be waiting for one of you to say 'ROTJ')

This black thing is the connector for the flash reflector. The original part is a casted metal part, probably aluminium, but I'm not really sure about that. My replica is CNC machined aluminium as you can see in the first post.

Roy

So the part was originally off of an MPP, which is why those of us with Heiland flashes need them? In other words, if you found an MPP, it would HAVE the original black clamp attached, and we "Heilanders" need them because we don't have MPPs?

So the part was originally off of an MPP, which is why those of us with Heiland flashes need them? In other words, if you found an MPP, it would HAVE the original black clamp attached, and we "Heilanders" need them because we don't have MPPs?

Correct.

Oh happy day :)! My other Heiland just arrived. Yes, it's got the wrong guts, wrong holes 20150908_170841.jpg, BUT it has the end cap with round knurled edges 2015-09-08 17.07.13.jpg. I like the inner portion of the hexagonal end cap over the round one 2015-09-08 17.07.58.jpg, but I'm happy that the end caps can go on either handle. Later, down the road I MIGHT try to make a hybrid of the two. For now, however, I'm happy with the round end cap.
Can't wait to get my shroud & T-tracks from Roy!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back