Vader ESB helmet build-up: FINISHED PICS page 2

Re: Vader ESB helmet build-up: Updated 1/7/12 HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Sorry I have no idea but I have to say that your helmet looks really cool!

So another huge snag: while carefully tending to a small run in the clear coat on the right facemask cheek, i accidentally went through the clear and into the gunmetal paint!!

Spent about 6 hrs yesterday stripping the facemask . . . . uuuuggggghhhhhhhh . . . .

So another huge snag: while carefully tending to a small run in the clear coat on the right facemask cheek, i accidentally went through the clear and into the gunmetal paint!!

Spent about 6 hrs yesterday stripping the facemask . . . . uuuuggggghhhhhhhh . . . .

Had my Vader Reveal done, perfect. One tiny bad spot, had to strip the whole thing. Took two more tries to get it done.

Hang in there.

That's looking great. I'm rubbish at anything like this and that's the big part that's holding me back.

That sucks :( I can't wait to see it painted!!!!!

Hey there guys and gals. It has been a while since I finished these but I got around to taking a few pictures and putting them up. Lots of hard work, modifications and doctor bills for this setup! Enjoy!

My_VaderHelmet.jpg

MY_VaderArmor.jpg

The work you've put into this is outsatnding!

The paint finish is just glorious, BUT.......isn't the silver paint a bit too light? (could be the lighting...) It's more of a dark gunmetal grey (black pearl?)

Nitpicking aside, it looks truly fantastic!

Rich

Thanks Guys! I am waiting for the Vader experts to chime in as far as the finish goes. I used the JRX Production TM paintjob as reference and as far as I can tell it is pretty spot on. In low lighting as used in the cloud city scenes the paint looks awesome as well.

This is definitely an 'idealized' ESB lid, as an SPFX cast has a long way to go to become fairly accurate as far as the details are concerned.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back