Vader helmet identification help

Tempideus

Hello, this is a helmet I bought off eBay a few months ago, I did a bit of research but couldn’t pinpoint who made the helmet. The previous owner said that he bought it from his friend over 10 years ago, here are some pictures. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_4119.jpeg
    IMG_4119.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4091.jpeg
    IMG_4091.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4090.jpeg
    IMG_4090.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4087.jpeg
    IMG_4087.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4250.png
    IMG_4250.png
    3 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
Appears to be a shadow fx or anarchy designs or SPFX whatever his many names were at that time
Thanks for helping to identify it! I looked at a lineage chart that was posted on the rpf a while ago and found it, it looks a lot like the V1, is this version of the helmet any good?

Attachments

• IMG_4273.png
    IMG_4273.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4272.png
    IMG_4272.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 43
Thanks for helping to identify it! I looked at a lineage chart that was posted on the rpf a while ago and found it, it looks a lot like the V1, is this version of the helmet any good?
It's good for what it is looks better than some fan made helmets
but the original caster of the helmet recast a lot from other closer lineage helmets and heavily modded the helmets to suit his idea of what the actual vader helmet looks like.

So it is off compared to an actual lineage helmet

A great deal about which generation the helmet is can be told by what it looks like with the dome off.
I took some photos of the helmet with the dome off from different angles, it used to have this black ring on top of the second ring atop the face, but I took it off since it was not actually connected to the helmet.

Attachments

• IMG_4284.jpeg
    IMG_4284.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4286.jpeg
    IMG_4286.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3704.png
    IMG_3704.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 59
Thank you for providing the pics! Definitely a post 2009 SPFX in manufacture as his castings before that general time didn't have the ring arrangement it was just the plain top of the facemask with the three tabs. That casting flaw that runs down/across the front of the ring and fillet is a tell for his work (I've seen several in hand with that flaw). You'll have to forgive me as my memory is somewhat vague about when the ring was added to his castings, and there isn't generally a lot of conversation around his castings because of his reputation, but I have a photo in my collection dated June of 2009 which shows the ring in place. I had an SPFX ANH helmet that I bought from a fellow RPF member back in 2005ish from an earlier generation where he had modified the dome to have a shorter "skirt" to it (this was based on a general misinterpretation of photos).

Cheers!

Dave C

Thank you for providing the pics! Definitely a post 2009 SPFX in manufacture as his castings before that general time didn't have the ring arrangement it was just the plain top of the facemask with the three tabs. That casting flaw that runs down/across the front of the ring and fillet is a tell for his work (I've seen several in hand with that flaw). You'll have to forgive me as my memory is somewhat vague about when the ring was added to his castings, and there isn't generally a lot of conversation around his castings because of his reputation, but I have a photo in my collection dated June of 2009 which shows the ring in place. I had an SPFX ANH helmet that I bought from a fellow RPF member back in 2005ish from an earlier generation where he had modified the dome to have a shorter "skirt" to it (this was based on a general misinterpretation of photos).

Cheers!

Dave C
Wow, thanks for the information!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back