Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor - NEW SUIT DONE Pics on p.17

Re: Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor

Thanks alot, I'll have to check around for one of those, I'm planning on doing one of my first props and i figured that foam would be a very good starting spot haha

OK, with the pistol grip added, the bolt pistol looks so much bigger compared to the pic in post 232. That is going to be totaly boss when it's done, can't wait for more :thumbsup

Very inspiring work,
If I can ask, on the chest wing how did you get the rear shape? Or are they formed in sili to curve when cast?
Great work on this looking awesome

Damn. Now i have to save up to get a set of this to convert to chaos

So very nice :D look forward to seeing it finished

Dear god man, how do you find the money for this stuff? ha ha, absolutely amazing work! keep it up! *thumbs up*

How do I find the money? I live very inexpensively and sell militarized garden gnomes to pay my bills.

Not a lot of progress on this build lately, but I figured I should update with what I've got. I've been concentrating on other projects, but in the meantime I've been overhauling the shoulder form. Here it is all polished up with a new glossy coat:

Once I was happy with the finish, I layered on a few coats of mold release wax and then started laying up a fiberglass gelcoat onto it:

When the gelcoat was firm enough, I started laying up fiberglass mat on top:

With the fiberglass mold done, I removed the original form:

The plan now is to lay up a couple of heavy-duty copies in fiberglass so I can use them as forming bucks. I'll also be able to take the mold to a local shop and have them spray some copies with their fiberglass chopped strand gun if I decide I need stronger pieces for some reason.

I should be laying these up and making pulls over the weekend. Stay tuned...

You supply militerised garden gnomes. i want i want i want. that would be awesome in my garden, i already have a normal boring one a military one would kick ass

looking good thorssoli great idea doing glass bucks for your vac former. Were you getting imperctions in the original form? I've some trouble with that and my vac forming

This is awesome, just finished reading the whole thread (I'm a newguy here) but leaving this impressive build uncommented would be a crime. So (kneeling down in awe) "Great friggin job!"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back