Tron Legacy: the Other Props

I've found recently a high res promo pic of Barnard Hughes, where I could see some more details. But still I'm very unsure about little greeblies. Here's mine...

encom82badges.png

I've found recently a high res promo pic of Barnard Hughes, where I could see some more details. But still I'm very unsure about little greeblies. Here's mine...

encom82badges.png

Awesome! Thanks for making these! I hope the Blu ray comes out soon so we can double check on verifying the names.

Yeah, the names were pretty readable even on the DVD version - and if you seek long enough for the old promo pics you can find the names on the ID.
The pics I posted are low res - Mr. Sinistar, if you like, I can open a new thread in the paper prop forum for these....

EDIT: FOUND IT! It seems to be called a Yoshimoto cube. And perhaps it wasn't painted after all. Check out this link: tutorial - Folding the Yoshimoto Cube, Feeding 5000

DOUBLE EDIT: And here's where to buy them: MoMA Store - Yoshimoto Cube

-Nick

Here's a tip for anyone else thinking of buying this item. You only need to buy one cube, which transforms and separates into two separate bits, one gold, one silver, to match the screenused props. It wasn't entirely clear to me that that's how it works, although now rereading the MOMA description, I guess it should have been. Pretty cool little puzzle toy!

Here's what I did with the necklace I made, with a dummy N8 and a iPhone 2G logic board.

I haven't get the materials to make the blue back light, so I used a button flashlight to show the effects only.

Sam%27s%20phone%20-light.jpg

Without the huge white button flashlight..

Sam%27s%20phone%20-no%20light.jpg

The screen was photoshopped.. because I just can't get that thing open and replace the fake screen. Anyone knows how to do that?

here's what i did with the necklace i made, with a dummy n8 and a iphone 2g logic board.

I haven't get the materials to make the blue back light, so i used a button flashlight to show the effects only.

sam%27s%20phone%20-light.jpg

without the huge white button flashlight..

sam%27s%20phone%20-no%20light.jpg

the screen was photoshopped.. Because i just can't get that thing open and replace the fake screen. Anyone knows how to do that?

for the frakkin' win!! (that was suppose to be in all caps, but for some reason, they've been down converted)

Last edited:
Here's what I did with the necklace I made, with a dummy N8 and a iPhone 2G logic board.

I haven't get the materials to make the blue back light, so I used a button flashlight to show the effects only.

Sam%27s%20phone%20-light.jpg

Without the huge white button flashlight..

Sam%27s%20phone%20-no%20light.jpg

The screen was photoshopped.. because I just can't get that thing open and replace the fake screen. Anyone knows how to do that?

Not sure you can open the fake phones..they make them so you can't sometimes.
I ordered a house kit which comes a part off ebay.
Where you get the Apple board?
Hows it attached to the phone?
But yours still look radical man..

Last edited:
Not sure you can open the fake phones..they make them so you can't sometimes.
I ordered a house kit which comes a part of ebay.
Where you get the Apple board?
Hows it attached to the phone?
But yours still look radical man..

I removed the top and bottom "caps" by removing 4 screws, also the 2 star screws on the sides. But then kind of stucked there and can't figure out what to do next.

I got the iPhone board from auction, try look for broken non-functioning boards selling for parts. I got mine for less than $10. It was held in place by heat glue, I may use a couple screws to fix it on the top cap, when I finished the lighting module.

And that's a great video YenChih! Although I still have to get an N8 to run the app!

I removed the top and bottom "caps" by removing 4 screws, also the 2 star screws on the sides. But then kind of stucked there and can't figure out what to do next.

I got the iPhone board from auction, try look for broken non-functioning boards selling for parts. I got mine for less than $10. It was held in place by heat glue, I may use a couple screws to fix it on the top cap, when I finished the lighting module.

Still, great job on getting it done, Kevin.

Not to mention that you've pretty much definitively put the color issue to rest with it.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm glad you liked it.

Maybe I can make these available too if I have enough time (and parts). But it won't be cheap because it's even HARDER than the cane. :wacko

To anyone who ordered one of the MoMo Yoshimoto cubes - are the silver and gold faces painted directly onto the plastic or are they adhesive decals/stickers?

Does anyone have a few more photos of one of the accurate gold/silver - I'm considering getting a much cheaper multi-coloured version and then recolouring the faces (probably with some sort of decal), but I would have to know WHICH faces should be gold or silver.

I don't have one, but I would think that the easiest way to determine which faces need to be gold or silver is to fold it into the desired shape and then put the decals on.

To anyone who ordered one of the MoMo Yoshimoto cubes - are the silver and gold faces painted directly onto the plastic or are they adhesive decals/stickers?

Does anyone have a few more photos of one of the accurate gold/silver - I'm considering getting a much cheaper multi-coloured version and then recolouring the faces (probably with some sort of decal), but I would have to know WHICH faces should be gold or silver.

they are metal vinyl decals

not sure it would be cheaper to recolor it since you will have to get decals made cut and then place them on to it and the base color of the objects are black.

You could make a "paper" one if you can't afford the MoMa one
there are a few Youtube vids of it

Who is going to make the Encom coffee mug available? I want one! ssdesigner where are you?:)

4012-img-2615.jpg

Bobby

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back