Tron Legacy RINZLER helmet!!!

I found the Collector's edition listed on Amazon's second hand sellers and it looks like Netflix has a DVD version as well.

Keep the pics coming of what you got. I am sure the Tron frenzy will only grow

Amazon.de has the DVD version in stock...I just bought a couple as presents.

Still have a collectors 2-disc edition left...interested?
If so, please PM me

Markus

Guys just be patient, during the holidays I took a break, the next update after the holidays.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

And a Happy new year to you as well!
So Ive just recently made an account, but Ive been stalking this thread for more than a few weeks now, just so that I can learn more about this. Ive attempted at modding helmets, building them, ect, all to which have failed MISERABLY.

So, Ive learned through the years some about vacuforming molds ect. And am finally starting to grasp the concept.
So,
What all of this explanation boils down to is; Is there any way that you would share the information on where or how you made the paper frame for the helmet, what foam your using to mold and fill and any other products that you continue to use to make this fine work of art?

I for one am very interested in this specific helmet due to the fact that I wish to make one myself! ^^;

If you do decide that you want to tell me the tiny details that are oh so vital to me please let me know! Ill be checking back frequently, and if you dont want to post them out in the open is there anyway that you could pm me with the details? And if its a NO answer all together then I guess my search continues. Sorry for the rant!
Hope to see more progress soon!

The foam he used is spray foam. I used great stuff which is insulation for cracks and gaps. Its rather hard to work with and sand to shape, other foams might be a better idea but it does the job and is pretty cheap. You would need 2 cans of the stuff its around 4 dollars a can which you can get at lowes or walmart.

The foam he used is spray foam. I used great stuff which is insulation for cracks and gaps. Its rather hard to work with and sand to shape, other foams might be a better idea but it does the job and is pretty cheap. You would need 2 cans of the stuff its around 4 dollars a can which you can get at lowes or walmart.

Thank you for the info! ^^ I'd like to try it myself! Just trial and error! Ive got to learn some way.

And a Happy new year to you as well!
So Ive just recently made an account, but Ive been stalking this thread for more than a few weeks now, just so that I can learn more about this. Ive attempted at modding helmets, building them, ect, all to which have failed MISERABLY.

So, Ive learned through the years some about vacuforming molds ect. And am finally starting to grasp the concept.
So,
What all of this explanation boils down to is; Is there any way that you would share the information on where or how you made the paper frame for the helmet, what foam your using to mold and fill and any other products that you continue to use to make this fine work of art?

I for one am very interested in this specific helmet due to the fact that I wish to make one myself! ^^;

If you do decide that you want to tell me the tiny details that are oh so vital to me please let me know! Ill be checking back frequently, and if you dont want to post them out in the open is there anyway that you could pm me with the details? And if its a NO answer all together then I guess my search continues. Sorry for the rant!
Hope to see more progress soon!
Hello
as a guide you can follow this link:
Tron Legacy Rinzler Helmet - a set on Flickr
which I'll update step by step with the working of the helmet.
Do not give information directly here due to time constraints, however the foam, said Hoboken, you spray, while the model I used for the forex.

Here I am back at work, yet the filling phase is long, however, to define the shape it will take some time.

nice! im making a rinzler costume as well! not sure if im gonna make the helmet though or use the white symbols and just be tron with no helmet....

What sort of putty is this? I know you said "polyester putty" but I assume you meant "polymer" or something similar... Where would I find something like this, and how easy is it to work with? Bondo I'm familiar with, but if there's something easier/cheaper, I'd love to hear about it.

What sort of putty is this? I know you said "polyester putty" but I assume you meant "polymer" or something similar... Where would I find something like this, and how easy is it to work with? Bondo I'm familiar with, but if there's something easier/cheaper, I'd love to hear about it.

It is nothing but what you call BONDO, we call it in Italian polyester putty.

Ive got two questions, 1. About how heavy is that thing right about now? 2. What grit sandpaper are you using to sand it all out? Or are you just that good using a putty knife? XP By the way this is turning out really nice, Have you gotten any ideas about the helmets lights?

Ive got two questions, 1. About how heavy is that thing right about now? 2. What grit sandpaper are you using to sand it all out? Or are you just that good using a putty knife? XP By the way this is turning out really nice, Have you gotten any ideas about the helmets lights?

I can not tell the weight, now it is not very heavy, but it does not matter because this is the master, so its weight has no value, I'm using sandpaper to 80-120-150 depending on how I have to work the grout.
For the lights still do not hopensato nothing.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back