Tron Legacy RINZLER helmet!!!

5156700637_a9a0254d13_b.jpg

Best pic I've seen yet. Labeled Black Guard Helemet but looks like Rinzler to me...

Wow, thx Aoiree, this is the view that I was missing to make the most of my helmet, followed the progress of the work.

The work is going slowly, causes various commitments, I hope to keep the promise to finish it before the movie.

Just curious... what will you be using for the view part of the helmet? How are you going to get the overall sheen of the top?

Isn't the actual production helmet just completely opaque, with a camera mounted on the performer being fed to viewfinders mounted on glasses?

If so, do you plan on going that route, Art, or are you going to modify it slightly to make it a bit more traditional (Visor and whatnot)?

-Nick

Isn't the actual production helmet just completely opaque, with a camera mounted on the performer being fed to viewfinders mounted on glasses?

If so, do you plan on going that route, Art, or are you going to modify it slightly to make it a bit more traditional (Visor and whatnot)?

-Nick

Just curious... what will you be using for the view part of the helmet? How are you going to get the overall sheen of the top?

I wish I could make all the highlight in red, PETG, painted by 'paint for interior car lights, so you have full visibility, the camera is a way too complex.

-Nick
I wish I could make all the highlight in red, PETG, painted by 'paint for interior car lights, so you have full visibility, the camera is a way too complex.
Take a closer look at the plaque below the helmet...

"NO PROP HELMETS WERE USED." ;)

The helmet must exist only inside a computer. I reckon it's like the Green Lantern Corps uniforms in the upcoming Green Lantern movie... film the actor on set in a motion capture suit, then create his character's costume inside the computer, with no real, physical costume in use on set.

Now, obviously, some actors in Tron Legacy DID have real, physical costumes... but with Rinzler and possibly some other characters, it appears that at the very least, the helmet is a CG effect rather than a real helmet.

As for how to make the helmet In Real Life... sometimes, the simplest ways just work the best. The "face" of the helmet should be made with the darkest ("blackest") transparent visor/goggle material available, so that it has the right look but you can still see through it. Just my 2 cents, For What It's Worth.

No, that's completely inaccurate. There's behind the scenes footage and publicity pics of Rinzler with his helmet on set.

EDIT: Here's the footage

That pretty much puts an end to that REAL quick! :)

Love this costume! At first I didn't like it as much due to the lack of lights. But it is soo stealthy snake eyes ninja-ish.

Would love to see this helmet made by eFX or the like.

Guys just be patient, during the holidays I took a break, the next update after the holidays.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

You should make a black guard helmet (like my profile pic)
you could use perspex with tint film as outer shell
and mount computer cooling fans in the resperator modules

You could also use an open face motorbike helmet as the base
(im not an expert on vacume forming but it may be possible to vacume form a thick outer shell (maybee perspex)
anyway what do you think?

You should make a black guard helmet (like my profile pic)
you could use perspex with tint film as outer shell
and mount computer cooling fans in the resperator modules

You could also use an open face motorbike helmet as the base
(im not an expert on vacume forming but it may be possible to vacume form a thick outer shell (maybee perspex)
anyway what do you think?

I would make a mold and use plastic resin for everything but for the visor i would vac-form an acrylic sheet to form the visor and use tail light tinting spray on the inside to give it a sunglasses effect. The fans would be a good idea. I just dont know how i would make that little breather tube on the left side of the helmet...maybe make the pieces from appoxie sculpt. No idea how i would connect them though.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back